Currently reading:
Electricians Only

Discuss Electricians Only in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Been in the industry since my apprenticeship in 1961, knackered now, glad to be passing on the baton to you worthy guys, wishing the best to all, I look forward to following your experiences with interest during my retirement. After over 53 years I hope you will still count me in as for "Electricians only"

Whisky, not whiskey.
Divvent want none o that paddy shyte :)

Sorry son .. I was thinking more of Jack Daniels & Southern Comfort or ..... Moonshine!!!

I must get round to making a still ............... A couple of copper hot water cylinders with the heating coil inside would be a canny starting point I think.

Gas cooker- pan (semi sealed)- vent oot the top to the bit that goes through cooling coils linked the the cold tap- drain condensate into a vessel.
Pure alcohol fatha :)
We'll probably die but wtf! :)

Over-worked, under-paid, stressed, knackered back, dodgy knees, sandpaper for hands, trained dislike of the words 'bulb' and 'fusebox', file of certificates where my money used to be.......yep, I reckon I can say hello.

Gas cooker- pan (semi sealed)- vent oot the top to the bit that goes through cooling coils linked the the cold tap- drain condensate into a vessel.
Pure alcohol fatha :)
We'll probably die but wtf! :)

Oh I was thinking of something a bit more sophisticated than that son.

One cylinder with the heating coil inside to be the boiler heated by the coil connected to my central heating boiler - with the gas meter "on holiday".

The mash is fed in via the hole where the immersion heater normally is and sealed with a screwy in plug.

The vapours from that taken out the top outlet where the hot water normally comes out of - and into the top connection to the coil inside the second cylinder - this is our condenser - and the finished product emerges from the bottom connection of the coil. The cooling water is fed into the main body of the cylinder via its bottom connection - as normal - and emerges as normal from the top connection as waste.

Piece of pee ... what could possible go wrong?? :)

does it say NAPIT on it as well?

if so then the paper aeroplane class is over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No it doesn't. I saw through the scams at the very outset and had nowt to do with them

I have another bit of paper that has ACS printed on it which is my gas qualification and I had nowt to do with CORGI or Gas Safe either AND I don't have a TV licence!!!! ;)

No it doesn't. I saw through the scams at the very outset and had nowt to do with them

I have another bit of paper that has ACS printed on it which is my gas qualification and I had nowt to do with CORGI or Gas Safe either AND I don't have a TV licence!!!! ;)

nnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

`who lives in a house like this?....david, its over to you`......

Been in the industry since my apprenticeship in 1961, knackered now, glad to be passing on the baton to you worthy guys, wishing the best to all, I look forward to following your experiences with interest during my retirement. After over 53 years I hope you will still count me in as for "Electricians only"

Sorry NO, you have failed the exam like a few others, you did not say hello (or a foreign version of hello) even though the question was dumbed down.

Only joking of cause you can.

Last edited:
I can do lead cable put up wooden trunking trained in the 14th and 15th ire regs can make of
pyro my voltage tester is a wet finger and can rewire a fuse in 20 seconds I am an electrician I think

Please post a hello in this thread if you are really an electrician,I mean a real Electrican, just wondering how many we actually have here, I will start==========Hello

Don't suppose this post was started soon after another one was closed by Marvo? From Oxford Dictionary. Electrician; , A person who installs and maintains electrical equipment. So Hello from me there. Real Electrician; no results. Real; lots of uses but as an adjective, Actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed. My Misses says I'm always imagining things, so I better say goodbye!:stooge_curly:

Hello, I've been doing this since 1974 and consider myself old school where common sense and safety prevail. I still draw circuits out on paper if I'm not sure about something. I still call Earth Sleeving Green Sleeving and MICC is still Pyro. I live on the Jurrassic Coast and am fossilising rapidly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be an Electrician but by modern standards I'm now over qualified... I mean look at the AM2 now the hardest parts of it have been removed like the conduit bending etc.... this was key to proofing your worth as the actual pipe you were given was about 20mm excess in length so no room for error really!

Real electrician ? - I don't have a jib card (whatever that is) and NVQs had not been invented when I started out in 1979, so I guess I am not by todays standards, lol.... thought of getting todays tickets but after sitting 2391 and 17th, thought whats the point, these are a piece of pi55

Reply to Electricians Only in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock