Stroma Certification Scheme Fraudulent Certificate

Discuss Fraudulent Certificate in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Looks like the seller definitely got their £60’s worth of inspection and testing on that first report...??

This is the trouble with people going with the cheapest option, what they’re getting is a load of sh1t3 for their money that’s not worth the paper it’s printed on.

We all know how long it takes to complete a thorough inspection; and that’s what we should be doing and charging accordingly.

when I quote for EICR’s these days, I let the client know roughly how long it should take and warn them that anyone charging substantially under will be done in 40 minutes and won’t have tested bugger all.

Definitely a civil matter, although the initial EICR is clearly inadequate, how much of the second inspection is exaggerated?

I agree with Mike & Snowhead, the dispute is between yourself and the seller, this is clear.

Having said that the electrical issues seem minor and would only take a couple of hours to correct, so if you allow a day and some materials you are looking at £300 or less to get a safe installation.

With that in mind, I’d instruct my solicitor to write to the seller a letter explaining that he/she has committed fraud, outline why and demand say £500 to correct the defects to stop further proceedings. I don’t think I’d take it any further than that due to cost, but I think you would more than likely get a cheque through in a few days.

Looking at the certificate I don’t think that you have a particularly dangerous installation, the test results seem okay and you have a newish metal consumer unit, which is probably the addition/alteration that’s 1 year old. Might be worth asking for that certificate but I’m sure if the seller had one they'd have supplied it.
If the CU is only a year old, what retard puts all the circuits on 1 RCD ?

Did you get anywhere with this @ebrcknrdg ? Would be interesting to know if Stroma decided to act?
Hi

No stroma weren’t interested at all. In the end the solicitor wouldn’t help either because there was a conflict of interest due to the seller using the same solicitors when selling the property. So I came to an agreement with the seller himself whereby he covered the cost of the repairs

Glad you got this sorted, but does the solicitor need reporting to their professional body for not representing their clients interests or miss conduct?
I tried contacting the SRA who weren’t very helpful either! I signed a form regarding the conflict of interest when purchasing the property so it seems i signed my rights away. Lesson learnt on many levels

Notwithstanding you signing a form, this does not diss-charge the solicitor from performing in a way to represent his client in a professional manner and in accordance with the conveyancing laws, the SRA will not be keen to take on a complaint unless you put it in writing, ask for their complaints procedure documentation or if available a complaints form.

Hi

No stroma weren’t interested at all. In the end the solicitor wouldn’t help either because there was a conflict of interest due to the seller using the same solicitors when selling the property. So I came to an agreement with the seller himself whereby he covered the cost of the repairs
Good for you, glad it's sorted ?

I tried contacting the SRA who weren’t very helpful either! I signed a form regarding the conflict of interest when purchasing the property so it seems i signed my rights away. Lesson learnt on many levels
Unless your solicitors informed you of the need to seek independent legal advice because you were 'signing your rights away' that is utter nonsense. Firms use 2 clerks and 2 overseeing partners to keep the 2 clients separate. You need to instruct a new solicitor and ask about the potential for a professional negligence claim against the former solicitor.

Unless your solicitors informed you of the need to seek independent legal advice because you were 'signing your rights away' that is utter nonsense. Firms use 2 clerks and 2 overseeing partners to keep the 2 clients separate. You need to instruct a new solicitor and ask about the potential for a professional negligence claim against the former solicitor.
It’s not really worth the costs of solicitors now as the seller has covered the costs of the repairs

Possibly another stick, if it would be useful. (All the below predicated on you being in England or Wales, and the seller having owned the property for more than 3 years).

the first report says the wiring is 3 years old
So - the seller commissioned and gave you, as part of the sale, a document which said the wiring was 3 years old.

Were that to be true, it would have required notification to Building Control and should have a completion certificate showing that it complied with the Building Regulations.

What did the seller say on the questionnaire about notifiable work, and Building Regulations certification?

If he said none had been done, then there you have cast iron proof that he knew the report was false.

If he said that the house had been rewired in 2017, where's the documentation? Did he notify it? If not, that's a criminal offence.

In your shoes I'd be seeking to destabilise him - to go after him on as many fronts as possible, make the penny drop that whatever story he tries it's going to poke holes in an another one.

If it looks like he knowingly lied, press the police to investigate an offence under Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006 - Fraud by false representation. We all know that he isn't going to end up being charged, but just one visit from the boys in blue won't half put the wind up him.

Reply to Fraudulent Certificate in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock