Currently reading:
Glad to see the domestic work is booming in the midlands

Discuss Glad to see the domestic work is booming in the midlands in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

To be fair it's not just TradeSkills4U there's a whole glut of them all jumped on the same bandwagon.

Still trying to work out which trade is gonna be these skillz center's target after they've finished with the sparks because they're gonna have to hit somewhere to keep the cash rolling in AND to give those they've trained up on these crash courses some other skillz due to the saturation of the electrical trade.

Guys I know this post has been an eyeopener but just to say he will not be back on as somebody with his ego cuts and run hence why the wee dig ie you guys have caught me out so heres a dig before I retreat and look like I am taking the moral high ground.

Well been on this forum 3 years and this post tells me everything that is wrong in our trade and yes at times its frustrating because these clowns are running the show but there is one thing I have learned is that when people tell me that this country is the leader when it comes to standards well I am sorry we are no better than some currupt third world country we just better in dressing it up for public consumption.

I would also say that when you hear a politician slag off Europe remember we are the clowns for letting them brainwash us to thinking Europe is the Boogy man here because lets face it they have electricians registration schemes yep you can fool some of the people all the time..............................................................

Whilst i agree with virtually everything you say here OT, ...i would say that these training companies have never fooled those electricians already in the electrical industry... But then we are the least of there worries, they are far more interested in those shelf stacker's down at ASDA's and Tesco's!! lol!!!

Now i wonder if there are similar training schemes in any of the major European countries, ...NOT!!!

I was reading on the net, the local newspaper for Cyprus web addition a little while ago, although i can't be sure, i think this same company was offering these quick courses in Cyprus too. Why a Cypriot would want a UK qualification, that he doesn't need in Cyprus, leads me to believe they are encouraging immigration of DI's into the UK now too!!

To be fair it's not just TradeSkills4U there's a whole glut of them all jumped on the same bandwagon.

Still trying to work out which trade is gonna be these skillz center's target after they've finished with the sparks because they're gonna have to hit somewhere to keep the cash rolling in AND to give those they've trained up on these crash courses some other skillz due to the saturation of the electrical trade.

im just waiting for a politcians tile to fall off,then its a free for all..

Surely there's enough weight around to show that "fully qualified electrician" status cannot be achieved on these basic courses. The issue is that there is no body that cares about this. If the industry bodies and the IEE or others cared, they would call in Trades Descriptions and the Advertising Standards Authority to tackle this. Once again, this situation will only change if the IEE secures legal status for the titles of Engineer and Engineering Technician, and then sets up experience and qualification schemes to use these titles appropriately for domestic and light commercial electrical works. The IEE seems to wrestle with this once in a while but there doesn't seem to be much outcome...

i would say that these training companies have never fooled those electricians already in the electrical industry... But then we are the least of there worries, they are far more interested in those shelf stacker's down at ASDA's and Tesco's!!

You're right E, but that's the point; when you say in the electrical industry, anyone working outside of domestic or light commercial isn't subject to this problem (thank the Lord). Just for the entertainment value I'm tempted to phone up a local Electrical Trainee and ask him what he thinks I should do with nuisance tripping on my circuit breaker, and when he asks what breaker it is tell him it's a Masterpact STR rated at 1000A.

Still trying to work out which trade is gonna be these skillz center's target after they've finished with the sparks because they're gonna have to hit somewhere to keep the cash rolling in
They've already started round our way mate. You, yes You could become a Electrical Trainee (or even less perhaps) plasterer, tiler, brickie or joiner at a centre near us.

You're right E, but that's the point; when you say in the electrical industry, anyone working outside of domestic or light commercial isn't subject to this problem (thank the Lord). Just for the entertainment value I'm tempted to phone up a local Electrical Trainee and ask him what he thinks I should do with nuisance tripping on my circuit breaker, and when he asks what breaker it is tell him it's a Masterpact STR rated at 1000A.

You and i know that, but unfortunately no-one outside of the industry will know anything about the 17 day so-called electrician, so you will all get tarred with the same brush along the way....
Nothing stopping these 17 day'ers from undertaking work in the light commercial sector or even the light industrial sector either... There's no restrictions whatsoever past the Domestic arena.

It'll be easy for these guy's to take work on, in shops offices and the like, at knock down prices with their knock down knowledge of what they are doing. ....As i say, you will all get tarred with the same brush eventually, as cheap semi skilled labour....

I think we need to end this one now. Point made. I agree with you having done one myself and joined a scam, not TS4u but the other one that ends in 4u, don't matter which there all inadequate training unless your doing very simple stuff.

Reply to Glad to see the domestic work is booming in the midlands in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock