Discuss Glad to see the domestic work is booming in the midlands in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Whether we agree with it or not, the guy has done well for himself. If the facility is out there for this level of "zero to hero" in just one year, then you can't blame the guy for making it work for him.

TBH that has made me cringe just a little bit more than normal. According to one testimonial they've inspected a property yet there's no mention of EICRs...

Fair do's for getting set up but I think there's lot to do yet.

See the testomonials, offering two trades with staff they dont charge VAT, thats some creative accounting!
I agree something smells here how can he go from 17 day "Fully qualified electrician" to a year later employing staff with no VAT to pay the vat limit is £76k so thats a neat trick also they way he talks there is that much work out there thats why his business has took off ???

The funny thing is Tradesskill4U is being promoted with the "You also can live the dream" story so I think it must be people like me who has spent 37 years in the trade with my head in a hole because I am such a lazy son of a bitch amnd if I had half a brain I could pay someone to do this 17 day thing build a website take on more 17DWs then sit back and watch the cash flood in .That could not happen could it?

Or maybe I could be a sparkies mate for say ten years then build up a lot of business via cash in hand jobs and when it gets too big to handle I could sign up with Tradeskills4U get my 17 day qualifications and then put out a rags to riches story saying the oppertunity was there for me and I took it . Now I am talking about a scenario about myself and no other individual so the question is Could this happen to me ?

Well it seems gone are the fast track 5 week courses, Hello to the 17 day Zip through course!!!...

Joking apart, this is now bordering on the criminal!! These training centers need reeling in, better still, banning from offering electrical courses unless they include a core qualification, or the student is already in possession of a core qualification.....

If that was the case, it now seems that an NVQ is attached to the latest core qualification, that'll put a stop to these training centre vultures that prey on the idiots that actually believe they will become fully qualified electricians in 17 day's!!!

I have just checked out his website
Family run business
All our electricians have their own first aid kits and H&S method statement.
Well also decorate as well
Also a warning about DIYers and electrics.

So will someone explain to me how a 17 day course make you a "Fully qualified electrician" over an enthusiastic DIYer plius the tesimonials state Fusedright . com but does not mention Willie from Fuseright did a wonderful job.

Now yes it could be said that I am bitter and twisted that someone had grabbed and is now living the dream with what looks like a brand new van in the picture or maybe whoever wrote the article used a bit of Journalistic Licence that just happened to be a great promotion for both Tradesskills4U and Fusedright.

Just to add this article is not for us its for the poor sod who is thinking about putting between £4-£6k on the credit card to take a gamble to get them out of a hole it is this that makes my blood boil as people never learn even multi milionares believed the dross Madoff was feeding them so if its sounds to good to be true...........................................................

The article is just an advert for a certain training centre, the piece is riddled with links to their website.
Like you say OT, probably a lot of Journalistic/Poetic elaboration going on here.

I think the publication as a whole is just an advertising rag for the schemes and training centres.

i hate how it says that he is a fully qualified electrician!! Is he swollocks! he is a domestic installer. He has been trained how to fit basic circuits in a domestic setting, which i bet are based in small college bays.
Ive got absolutely nothing against this fella bettering himself, but he has been told that he is a fully qualified sparks, when he isnt.

I get annoyed when I see time served sparks who are crap, but these smaller courses leave the trainees with a little knowledge to go and practice on the unsuspecting public.
How long til we have a domestic installer injure or kill someone through incompetence?

Rant over.

It also does not help that in the eyes of the public we have been marginilised with regards to electrics are easy peasy like Homes under the Hammer when the couple buying some properties the presenter says and i hear you got new skills for getting into the property game with the guy saying yes i did a short course and I am now a "fully qualified electrician" or the other one when the presenter was standing next to a MCB CU saying make sure you get a safety fuseboard like this fitted well I just about choked on my cornflakes that i wrote to them explaining they were putting out false information as the CU highlighted did not have RCD protection 6 months later i got the Journilistic Licence speech

I think that a lot of us trade on our skill and maybe we are a little behind in terms of salesmanship. If you can't beat your competitors on one item, then promote the ones you can. If what this bloke in the article says is true (regarding his workload), then maybe he's making up for lack of experience with his business/sales skills.

I think that a lot of us trade on our skill and maybe we are a little behind in terms of salesmanship. If you can't beat your competitors on one item, then promote the ones you can. If what this bloke in the article says is true (regarding his workload), then maybe he's making up for lack of experience with his business/sales skills.

I like your sales analogy so what you are saying we should be more proactive in selling things like Endownments, Pensions,Timeshare,PPL,Mobile phones,and be like the NICEIC sell course and training books and ditch that horrible electrical safety sh!t sounds like a plan where do I sign up.

If sales got involved in the moonlandings then we would be discussing how could NASA have lied to us right no instead of remembering Neil Armstrong

Reply to Glad to see the domestic work is booming in the midlands in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net