Discuss Help with solar I boost in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Water in the cylinder will have a temperature gradient called stratification where the bottom of the cylinder can be quite cool. The boost works the top element to give hot water quickly without heating the who tank.

I went out to one last week, there were two outputs for immersions but only one used. It looks like a good idea but I was surprised by the cost and found it odd that it needed active cooling.

Water in the cylinder will have a temperature gradient called stratification where the bottom of the cylinder can be quite cool. The boost works the top element to give hot water quickly without heating the who tank.

I went out to one last week, there were two outputs for immersions but only one used. It looks like a good idea but I was surprised by the cost and found it odd that it needed active cooling.
Hi Aaron, is this boost that heats the top immersion only, part of a solar iboost system. As instructions state that the boost function will only work by heating both immersions intermittently if they are both wired through the iboost.

Also what is Active cooling? Can you explain that one?

Hi Aaron, is this boost that heats the top immersion only, part of a solar iboost system. As instructions state that the boost function will only work by heating both immersions intermittently if they are both wired through the iboost.

Also what is Active cooling? Can you explain that one?
The one I was looking at was a boost+ with only one element wired up to channel one.

With active cooling I meant there's a fan in the controller, I know they will be in a hot environment but it seems a bit overkill.

Why not fit a tmv to limit the water at the taps?

Thank you, all we have been told is the top flats have solar panels to heat hot water when enough is generated, but don’t really understand why the timings that have been entered are fist thing in morning and late in the evening
Just came to comment on what a nice neat job that is. Kudos to whoever did it.

Reply to Help with solar I boost in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net