Discuss I'm buying a new van next month in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Only had my Transit connect limited L2 for 4 months, but I think it's great. Drives really well, cabin is a nice place to be and you can get tall steps in the back and has the load through bulkhead for conduit and trunking which has saved me buying roof bars and tube.

Only had my Transit connect limited L2 for 4 months, but I think it's great. Drives really well, cabin is a nice place to be and you can get tall steps in the back and has the load through bulkhead for conduit and trunking which has saved me buying roof bars and tube.

Same here, put 10k on mine so far, get around 60mpg comfy, oh and heated windscreen, it's worth just for that!

I'm a vivaro man but if you like Fords then maybe consider the transit custom not connect, ok it's larger but not as big as a vivaro traffic etc, plus you would get a nicer ride height.

The figures I've looked at say that the L1H1 Custom is slightly bigger than the equivalent Vivaro in all external dimensions and load volume.

HandySparks has a seriously nice transit he bought new a while back - maybe he'll be along with a review later!

My comments about the Custom in this thread, post 15:
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/chit-chat-off-topic/106920-vans.html

I have just looked at the price of a new shape transit and it's more than I want to spend

take this though, I can spend up to £10k so this is the sort of thing that gets me excited!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201602050733544?atmobcid=soc3

I think the quoted top speed in that ad is more than a bit optimistic mate. :smile: But I have a very similar if not the same engine in my Berlingo and you can realistically average 45mpg which isn't bad at all.

I went through the whole which van decision process in October last year and after being horrified by the list prices I was being quoted, especially for VW and Ford, decided to purchase a 3month old ex demo Partner from my local main dealer.

it meets 95%+ of my needs, possibly should have gone for the slightly larger Expert, but for the money I paid the van was too good a deal to pass up especially as it is a facelift with satnav, Bluetooth etc and most important of all it's not white. I have added roof bars and a pipe tube which has helped make up for the van being very slightly too small some days when I have a lot of gear with me

Compared to the L200 I was running previously the running costs are excellent and for a van I am really impressed with the build quality and drive.

Reply to I'm buying a new van next month in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net