Currently reading:
Irish socket outlets

Discuss Irish socket outlets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

oracle

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Been on holiday in Ireland for a week and every socket outlet in the flat is single unswitched. It's not an old flat and I realise it's acceptable I'm just so used switched sockets.

Gee ! Without a switch their could bee electrons leaking out, and falling onto the floor.

My godmother who lived in what was then a tiny Oxfordshire village spent most of her life without access to electrickery. When it was finally installed in her cottage (One socket and one light bulb in each room) she insisted that the socket switches had to be off when not used to stop the electric leaking out.

My godmother who lived in what was then a tiny Oxfordshire village spent most of her life without access to electrickery. When it was finally installed in her cottage (One socket and one light bulb in each room) she insisted that the socket switches had to be off when not used to stop the electric leaking out.

When I was a wee brat, I remember me mam taking the light bulb out and putting the lead from the iron in its place. No late night ironing in them days.

Reading the title......I Just opened his thread genuinely expecting to see a photoshopped picture of three pins sticking out of a wall plate. Wasted opportunity lol :)

Gosh.....how the other half lived.....my nan never even had switches on her socket outlets!

They have some pretty sensible rules in Ireland. Apparently all baths have to be installed with the taps in the absolute centre. To ensure the bath always fills up level.

This was an adaption of earlier rules, that required taps at both ends of the bath to allow for manual adjustment to achieve a perfect level fill.

Clever thinking.

As I said before, I have been very impressed with the polite and friendly people here who have made my holiday here a really good experience.

I am returning to the UK tonight, so to indifferent service, impatient drivers an insulated people. No jokes!

As I said before, I have been very impressed with the polite and friendly people here who have made my holiday here a really good experience.

I am returning to the UK tonight, so to indifferent service, impatient drivers an insulated people. No jokes!
I enjoyed my time in Limerick "stab city", where, predictably everyone was lovely. They're a generally well humoured people for sure.

Dublin was also fun but there was much beer to thank for that. Also went to a site visit and quote in Belfast, a place I can only describe as grey.

Reply to Irish socket outlets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock