Currently reading:
Old Mem Board ok for a shower?

Discuss Old Mem Board ok for a shower? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi looking for everyones comments/advice

Been asked to instal a shower circuit for a friend. the house was rewired 1990 had a look at boinding ect and all in place and up to 17th edition. Now the board is an old MEM mimera split board with old style rcds ( not the voltage operated ELCB's)
I tested the rcds with my metrel and they trip in the prescribed time. would you install a board or use this

The only thing i can see wrong with it is there is no main switch to kill the entire installation and could put this on the certificate

Me id change the board , dont forget every circuit within the bathroom has to be protected by an RCD , you can pic 17 edition boards up for £60.00 these days easier to start a fresh ,

sounds to me like its had a DB upgrade dual RCD's have only been round for a few years for the 17th edition regs ,well thats to my knowlage if its dual RCD and all tests ok then theres no problem

As long as you can get an MCB to fit for your new circuit why change??....unless your friend is happy to throw away their money.
Regarding the main switch you can cover this with a notice at the DB(s) saying that all isolators must be off to isolate the entire installation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Old Mem Board ok for a shower? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back