Discuss Signing off work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A deterrent they use here is Any licenced electrician who has completed their contractors license can sign off and complete an electrical certificate. You put your electrical license number on that particular job. It cuts out non licensed sparkies doing work as normal Joe public will ask vehemently to see the license. There are TV advertisements which inform Joe public to use licensed tradesmen and the repercussions of not. Also non licensed work voids housing insurance. It seems to work as the customer has no choice to employ the work of a licensed electrician.

As previously stated P666 would need to be insured and a member of a scheme and more importantly and I am sure it would not apply in this case make sure he does not forget to inform HMRC of his additional earnings. What is to stop them going into a Local Authority and asking to see a list of who is registering jobs and as I say it could be awkward and expensive f you have forgotten to inform them.

@Paignton pete feel free to comment... I get that my view may be controversial but is there something wrong with my interpretation of the rules or do you not believe that competent electricians should do work without paying a fee?
Bit late in responding. Just noticed now.

Apologies I think I totally miss understood what you where saying and have removed my disagree.

To add to the above I normllly put a comment on any disagrees or dislikes I issue.
I find it is common courtesy to explain yourself and stops bad feeling.

On this occasion for some reason I didn’t. Maybe I was called away and never got/back to it.

No like me.

A deterrent they use here is Any licenced electrician who has completed their contractors license can sign off and complete an electrical certificate. You put your electrical license number on that particular job. It cuts out non licensed sparkies doing work as normal Joe public will ask vehemently to see the license. There are TV advertisements which inform Joe public to use licensed tradesmen and the repercussions of not. Also non licensed work voids housing insurance. It seems to work as the customer has no choice to employ the work of a licensed electrician.
we need a system like that over here

Reply to Signing off work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net