Currently reading:
Spur for diswasher and washing machine in radial circuit

Discuss Spur for diswasher and washing machine in radial circuit in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I believe the uk is one of the only countries to use a ring circuit. The reason been is when you cut through the cable you have two radials running off the wrong mcb. You might not beable to cover such a large area using radials but at least you dont have a problem spuring off.

I tend to use radials where appropriate for 'house' circuits, and RFC's for kitchens, utilities etc.

I just can't see why (in a properly designed circuit) a flat screen telly needs to be provided with 5mm2 of copper. But a kitchen, that's a different matter.

Floor area/csa/rating considerations taken into account, there's no more flexibility in a ring than a radial, it's just an economic argument on loading as to whether it's cheaper/more eco friendly to run the whole circuit in 4mm or just need to run a return leg (let's face it, not normally that long) in 2.5mm.

i agree england is the only country to use a ring circuit invented because of the war. there is already talk of doing away with the ring curcuit so that once again we can fall in line with our european bretherin

As far as I'm aware, the OP's intention is to spur off of a Radial , not a RFC.
As for there being talk about doing away with RFCs, there has been talk about such ever since they were introduced.
The IET has no intention of doing away with RFCs, and considering the current high price of copper, it is more likely that other countries will be introducing RFCs themselves

Reply to Spur for diswasher and washing machine in radial circuit in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock