Search the forum,

Discuss When will PIRs become mandatory for rented accomodation? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lamb

Went to wire up a combi this morning, first floor flat. So first of all I check the earthing and bonding.

Incoming DNO micc to insulated service head, BS951 clamp from copper sheath with no main earthing conductor installed to MET. Earth from CU just goes to MET, as does water bond. I have booked EDF to install a DNO earth clamp and braid or install PME, which they will do in their own time.

Both the landlord and the letting agents dont seem at all bothered, and do not intend to order a PIR of the property, saying they only legally need to provide a gas safety certificate. The rest of the installation is in a mess.

There should be a requirement for landlords electrical safety certificates, as there is for gas.

Rant over

It's coming. Slowly, but it's coming.

My rant is:

Where are the HSE/ESC/NIC/ECA/NAPPIT/ELECSA in all of this?

WHY O FERKIN WHY can't ALL these organisations smell the coffee and get together and organise an awareness program/action plan for the benefit of all?

Because they are self obsessed and not really interested in improving standards is why. If they did, then the requirement for them to be, would evaporate.

OK rant over.

I quite liked CORGI :(

Why not issue a dangerous installation certificate? That way your back is covered and the landloard is liable if anything goes wrong. I know ELECSA and NIC have this form available to buy.

I think the electrical safety council should be doing more at the moment to promote safety and part P, just as the gas safe register is doing with tv adverts.

I have similiar arguments daily - okay, mostly with myself - but atleast i usually win ;)

I`d love to hear the various excuses why a portion of all the money pouring into the likes of NICe, ECA & Nappit isn`t spent on making consumers aware of what amounts to`The Law`

& the HSE ? Forget the H & the S parts, their self-serving aim is all about the E. But who in their right mind would dare to criticise them openly ?
Urrrrm.

Reply to When will PIRs become mandatory for rented accomodation? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock