Search the forum,

Discuss whole house audio / visual advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The op sounds like he has got it covered tbf.
ive just done a cinema room at my brothers gaff so this might be of help to someone.
he has an octava hdmi matrix already feeding out from under the stairs hdmi over cat 6 to the TVs in the house .
this requires 2x cat 6 to send/receive ( though I think the newer version needs only one)
there is also a coax feeding freeview and a 3rd cat 6 doing Ethernet from a switch in the rack.
this works well feeding sky and blu Ray and the like.

when he planned his cinema room the boy he bought most of the tackle of said he had had issues over feeding av receivers with hdmi over cat 6 ( he also had something to "cure" this at are extra 250 notes!)
we decided to keep the cinema room stuff separate from the octava matrix( but I've run cables just in case)
the heart of it is a Sony av receiver7:2 amp which all the hdmi feeds from the blu Ray ps4 etc go into.
this feeds the speakers which are all flush including the sub( very neat)
the projector and screen are on lifts which come down from the roof so it can be a normal room if required.
this needs an additional send receive cable and relay box between the two items to work together btw
though some projectors and av amps have a12v signal out to do the same apparently.
1 hdmi to the projector and that's it.
it was relatively easy to set up tbh
you will need 11 grand for the kit mind though( not including installation natch)
cat 6 is plenty fast for this kind of stuff I think.
anyone who has used a proper network tester on a cat 6a network will tell you it's a pita to get to the certified specs.
one twist undone to much or a small kink and its start again time.so god knows what cat 7 will be like
maybe one day they will bring out a cable system who's integrity and performance does not rely on twists and kinks. I get this on simple home entry systems with vid.

that will be expensive getting a hub with 10gbps ports.

i was looking at some home server builds and a 2 port 10gbps nic (network interface card) starts at £90
I dont fully understand the need for the hub shanky?

I intend on terminating all cat6s into a patch panel then for the cats6s that are going to be used for AV i was going to use a hdbaset matrix.

Where is the need for the hub as each cat6 will be working 'independantely'.

Or are ypu referring to the matrix as the hub as it will need to send 1 x hd signal to multiple sources simultaneously?

I dont fully understand the need for the hub shanky?

I intend on terminating all cat6s into a patch panel then for the cats6s that are going to be used for AV i was going to use a hdbaset matrix.

Where is the need for the hub as each cat6 will be working 'independantely'.

Or are ypu referring to the matrix as the hub as it will need to send 1 x hd signal to multiple sources simultaneously?
to be honest i meant a network switch either managed or unmanaged.

i meant more for a htpc or internet network/lan

and its a good idea to have at least 1X 10gbps port if there is going to be multiple people using it at once.

for example if i was to backup my pc over the network i would use 800mps+

if some of the other users wanted to connect to the same nas/server etc then it would go down to 500mbps each then split again for each aditional user.

(thats 62MB each if two devices are using it at once)

Reply to whole house audio / visual advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back