Currently reading:
Worst incident at work ?

Discuss Worst incident at work ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

personally my worst incident is GOING to work, it's a recurring one,the latest other one was today,whilst monitoring an industrial freezer having a 10'x8'x6" sliding door find my ankle as the door stop, went down lack a sack of you know what, one that annoyed me was an engineering student on summer placement helping guys lift a casting die with a crane (at least 2tonne of steel), still had his hand in the shackle after telling them to lift, messy, funniest was a fitter double checking he'd got 240V shock(yes the hard way), now thats attention to detail.

Apopart from almost loosing my man hood a couple of months ago , the worst i have been was i was rewiring a static caravan used for letting , been installing armour under neath into sockets so was crawling under it inside mini trunking , place did pong a bit , but was under the caravan when my apprentic inadvertantly flush the toilet which i would like to point out was full of excriment which just dropped out of the bottom of the caravan where i was working i was covered in human pongy poo , finished the job went back to the yard and was instantly sent home ,luckily for me i did have a new set of overally but belive you me it was a real crap !! job

LOL he's my nephew still works with me and we still talk about it , but being us we did laugh .............. well you have to dont you or you'd go mad

we can survive running out of coffee, but to run out of beer would be catastrophic.

Nearly killed.... Does that count???
Was at the bottom of a lift shaft, pulling in an SWA. Heard a loud noise above me (a brick tinged off of the side of some trunking), looked up - only to see a load of rubble heading down towards me. Clenched up, and put my arms over my head - as you would.
Next thing... Said load of rubble landed on top of me. Bits of wood, masonary, metal etc etc. I was hit on the left shoulder by a half of a brick. A labourer had swept the lot into the lift shaft that I was in four floors below. Was off work for three months with a broken collar bone, severe bruising, and a mild concussion.

Just thought of another one thanks to the " diy tragedy thread " .
While doing council contracts for a firm in aylesbury i got sent to change a immersion element in a cu board in the front room of a ground floor flat because our plumber had refused to go !
This was mid July and the and invro team were just finishing cleaning the floor about 2 foot behind me where they had found the poor old boys body who they think had died mid December the year before !!!
Any way there is no drain valve so i get told over the phone to just crack the side element and let it poor as it is a glued lino tile floor and there ain't going to be a new tenant for a long time until they get rid of the smell and fly's !
So i wait for the invo team to clear off and go for it , but the iso valve was shagged and the water just keeps coming .
There is about a inch of water on the floor by the time i get the new one in and as i stop to take stock of it all i notice this sort of fizzing sound but could not work out where it is coming from ?
So i am there kneeling in this water finishing off the connections when i notice what it is , because the poor old boy had not been found for near on half a year all the body fat had started to ret down and it had gone in to the crack's in the lino tiles and when it got wet it somehow fizzed and floated up to the surface where i was kneeling in it .
It goes with out saying all work gear got binned that time as well and if i remember rightly i think i tried twoting the plumber one when he started laughing back at the yard !

Reply to Worst incident at work ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back