Discuss Anyone got Wiha Torque screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Work issued me one and it's handy to have. It saves you wrenching the mcbs and causing them damage and it also saves fatigue on your hands by needlessly over tightening. The kits really good and easy to setup. Just watch 1mm connection as they might snap due to torque setting.

Learning to tighten a screw properly will save you from damaging MCBs when you tighten them .
And if 1mm snaps due to the amount of torque applied then you are over tightening it

because the torque is the recommended max!!!! torque not what you should be hitting every time.

No they specify what nm each connection should be tightened not there abouts. Why would they specify a number and expect you to just go a little below that. It's a specific number for a reason. Think!

I have read it and I do understand .

If you tighten a terminal to the point where the conductor snaps then you have over tightened it, what is there not to understand?

The brand specifies the nm that each connection should be tightened to. If they specify 2nm and this causes the 1mm to snap it's not your fault it's the brands. Get it?

The brand specifies the nm that each connection should be tightened to. If they specify 2nm and this causes the 1mm to snap it's not your fault it's the brands. Get it?

That is your fault , if you don't have the basic practical skills to tighten a terminal correctly them electrical installation is not the job for you!

I mean regardless of whether he uses a torque screwdriver or not, if he tightens it to the point that the conductor breaks it is too damned tight!

I agree I was just trying to point out what I thought your post meant.

I guess according to two people I have no electrical experience And my gold card means nothing. Do you think I hadn't notice the broken 1mm and thought owell I will just leave it loose and walk off? I was just advising the bloke that they can cause 1mm terminations to snap under the NM which the manufacturer recommends. Who do you think you are calling someone else's electrical experience into question anyway? It's a bit rude.

I guess according to two people I have no electrical experience And my gold card means nothing. Do you think I hadn't notice the broken 1mm and thought owell I will just leave it loose and walk off? I was just advising the bloke that they can cause 1mm terminations to snap under the NM which the manufacturer recommends. Who do you think you are calling someone else's electrical experience into question anyway? It's a bit rude.

Don't think either of us deserve that response, I for one NEVER bring your expertise or quals into question,

These torque settings are just a way for the manufacturer to wriggle out of loose connection claims. They know full well no one installs like that and if something goes wrong they can simply say the MCB was not installed as per our instructions. You cannot get a better connection than one that you can feel is tight. No torque drivers and no drills will ever be as reliable.

Don't think either of us deserve that response, I for one NEVER bring your expertise or quals into question,

Not you pete999 the other two.

Davesparks
Shanky6666

Just being pathetic for the sake of it. Winds me up i was only trying to help the op. Not get into a petty tool measuring match

I sort of hear what they are saying though. The MCB recommendation may not be the same as the cable manufacturer recommendation so which one would you follow? Or just use your hand and common sense to terminate properly.

Reply to Anyone got Wiha Torque screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net