Currently reading:
crb registration

Discuss crb registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wattsup

anyone know the best route?
I've found a few on the interweb, and most are just marking up a simple procedure...i can't seem to disable the middle man, mr 10% or sometimes mr 50%!. Is there a straight to the government price?
Online form, send documents...job done?

yes they can add it to your JIB card how I wish Disclosure scotland was the same from what I gather if Im doing work and require it then volenteering @ wifes work at weekend( adults with learning difficulties) then helping at kids swimming club I would require disclosure for each one seperatly

Are you doing it for work, as has been said each organisation requires separate disclosure so may not accept your own CRB it may be wise to check

A contracting company I worked for a few years ago had all the site staff CRBed and this was accepted by the education authorities it worked for

Are you doing it for work, as has been said each organisation requires separate disclosure so may not accept your own CRB it may be wise to check

A contracting company I worked for a few years ago had all the site staff CRBed and this was accepted by the education authorities it worked for

If a CRB check is anything like BC and SC clearance then all you have to do is give your full name, DOB and details of the agency who did the clearance checks and they just transfer details across

If a CRB check is anything like BC and SC clearance then all you have to do is give your full name, DOB and details of the agency who did the clearance checks and they just transfer details across

Not quite sure what BC and SC are, but CRB's come in 2 varieties standard and enhanced. As a rule they require you to provide details of where you have lived for the past 5 years. My enhanced one took 56 days to come through even though they are supposed to take on average 14 days.

Ended up going to my MP and complaining. Waste of time really as it did not come in time for the job I wanted and I lost out :(

Have a look here:

Police Performance

Then follow the link to the individual force where you live, that should give you an indication of if you can expect to get the cert back in a reasonable amount of time.

But don't hold your breath, and pray you don't need anything from the British Transport Police (BTP).

The really ridiculous thing is when one organization won't accept an existing CRB :rolleyes: and insist on having their own done. I mean they still come from the same source so whats the point !!

Rant over :cool:

i have had two done in the past the first one as a rule takes longer. the thing is with them is that they are only really valid for the past. so say you had one done toady and wanted to use it in a couple of years time you could have got up to anything in the last two years. it is frustrating as they should have on record that you had one done before and so they should only have to check youfrom the last one to current day and as it`s all on computer i can`t see why it`s so long or expensive. as a rule i normally send off for one every 18 months and an employer can see the past ones and are usually happy with them. by the way if you do any volunteer work for anyone be it scouts a charity shop or community the crb checks are free. so the local charity shop could apply for one for you and it would not cost them a bean. i have in the past say donated a tenner to the shop and they may have requested a crb for me, just a thought as everyone is a winner

You mean they bear the cost of your CRB Phill? Disclosure is one of the reasons my wifes work cant accept more volenteers as they each need enhanced disclosure at the charitys cost They even put one guy through a MiniBus driving course at cost of around a grand then he got full time work n left

last time i got one done they said it was free for them to have it done? not sure if it has changed. the last one i paid for myself through the council cost me 28 quid.

just had a look at the gov site and it says; Am I entitled to a free of charge CRB check?
A free of charge CRB check will be issued if you can meet the volunteer criteria:

The Police Act 1997 (Criminal Records) Regulations 2002 defines a volunteer as:

"volunteer" means a person engaged in an activity which involves spending time, unpaid (except for travel and other approved out-of-pocket expenses), doing something which aims to benefit some third party other than or in addition to a close relative.

My understanding is that all CRB applications have to go through an 'agency' ( a middle man) and although the check is free (for volunteers) you still have to pay a processing fee to the middle man. The charity I do voluntary work for had to pay a tenner processing fee for mine. Am yet to get the results back - wonder what will come up (went a bit wayward in my younger days):D

younger days, depending on the severity will be classed as spent on even an enhanced disclosure and should not show up.

Reply to crb registration in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock