Currently reading:
Domestic Installer

Discuss Domestic Installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have my flak jacket, Kevlar hat on so fire away, as most of you old timers are aware, I'm an old timer also, maybe it's my age, but I'm confused.com.
The confusion arises over the title of this post, and probably I ought to know the answer, but would be grateful if someone could clear up my conundrum? I hear folks say"there is no such thing as a domestic Installer" "your either an Electrician or you aren't" so please put me at ease, is there such a being as a Domestic Installer? I think not but please clarify. Sorry for the politeness of my post, it's my working for the government that does it.:mickey::elvis::seeya::grinningelf:

Schemes need upgrading no doubt about it at my last inspection it was all about paperwork my jobs on site were of little interest.

Pen pushers gone mad common sense out the window. Same in all spheres it's called progress.

Problem with this damned PC correct country is now it's all about paperwork and ticking the right boxes. Actual ability to do the job doesn't matter as much as having paperwork which shows you can do the job. Problem is you can't beat them have to join them. It not the schemes fault this exists in all areas

One example is competency based interviews especially in the public sector. Complete utter sh... And as a previous Head of Service in that area I know.

In old days if someone was crap you'd sack them. Now you have to consider their personal problems set them SMART targets and then give them time to improve to the minimum standard acceptable.

Rant over country gone mad run by non productive pen pushing types and public school cretins.

What a boring sod you are......think it's time you shut up, stopped being a damn whinger (with an h) and moved on...some of us have but still have our roots and respect them.

At the emd of the dy you can either do the work or you can't, I couldn't care less what bits of paper you have, I'd rather see hard work and good skills, DI or AC or whatever else, makes no difference to me.

Ipf - "Id certum est quod certum reddi potest" figure it out. As for winging is not the whole purpose of this thread to moan! So I will fw moan if I want!

Actually the NICEIC have 2 types of DI full scope and defined scope.

Ipf - "Id certum est quod certum reddi potest" figure it out. As for winging is not the whole purpose of this thread to moan! So I will fw moan if I want!

Actually the NICEIC have 2 types of DI full scope and defined scope.

A telescope and a periscope ?

I am a trainee and this Is my first post.

Is a domestic installer a person who certified under a Part P scheme, and would a fully qualified electrician have no need for such accreditation?

Domestic installer is a title issued by the self certification scheme NICEIC.
Generally it may indicate that the person with this title has limited qualifications as they are not an 'approved contractor', however a fully qualified electrician could register with them and not pay for the more expensive approved contractor level and would then be able to display the domestic installer logo (but possibly wouldn't!).
Anyone who is doing work in domestic dwellings that is notifiable to building control would normally as a business decision (because it is a lot less cost) register with a self certification scheme, this is independent of their qualifications.

Domestic installer is a title issued by the self certification scheme NICEIC.
Generally it may indicate that the person with this title has limited qualifications as they are not an 'approved contractor', however a fully qualified electrician could register with them and not pay for the more expensive approved contractor level and would then be able to display the domestic installer logo (but possibly wouldn't!).
Anyone who is doing work in domestic dwellings that is notifiable to building control would normally as a business decision (because it is a lot less cost) register with a self certification scheme, this is independent of their qualifications.
Iv'e noticed one of the local short course contractors has just NICEIC on his van when he is not a AC and just DI. I have seen this a few times elsewhere. Bit misleading to customers I think.

Actually he probably is, any organisation which allow you to use their logo will stipulate that it be a complete and exact copy of the supplied samples.
If he has cut the DI or AC part off of the logo he is in breach of said rules.

Reply to Domestic Installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back