Search the forum,

Discuss Domestic Installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

All these four-digit numbers are doing my head in! If you're starting out from apprentice levels these days, what courses do you do to get to what is regarded as qualified? Not as in what do people have from X years ago, what does one do now?

All these four-digit numbers are doing my head in! If you're starting out from apprentice levels these days, what courses do you do to get to what is regarded as qualified? Not as in what do people have from X years ago, what does one do now?

Simple.

City and guild 2357 thats tech cert and nvq

Need to be employed to start though

The 2356 and 2357 both are full electrician qualifications. Both require underpinning knowledge as well as practical. They are not add ons, they are the full ticket.

The full C&G 2357/NVQ diploma is the full ticket, as it combines both the core qualification 2365 and the NVQ 3. But the 2356 alone is solely a NVQ 3 qualification and as such is 100%, a supplementary or add-on qualification to any recognised core qualifications.

No i don't have a JIB card, why the hell would i need one?? Mores the point, Do You hold a JIB electrician or Approved electricians card??

Sick and tired of the references to scams in terms of NICEIC and others schemes!

For those constantly moaning be honest bet your on a scheme because otherwise hitting a client for up to £200 on a job that someone on a scheme can do for a couple of quid would mean you'd never get a look in!!

To all the winging old timers who remember the good old times when things were different damned well move on or just shut up. It's 2014 not 1970.

So damned boring !!!!!!!!!!!

So how would you describe an organisation which someone has to join to carry out certain works?
An organisation which charges roughly twice as much as another one for exactly the same product?
An organisation which purports to uphold industry standards yet has visibly lowered them by introducing a scheme for experienced people with no qualifications yet opens it up to all and sundry who can pass an open book exam and open their cheque book?
An organisation which, once again, purports to uphold industry standards yet has no information on how many applicants are refused membership or have had membership revoked because of shoddy work?
Need I go on?

Schemes need upgrading no doubt about it at my last inspection it was all about paperwork my jobs on site were of little interest.

Pen pushers gone mad common sense out the window. Same in all spheres it's called progress.

Problem with this damned PC correct country is now it's all about paperwork and ticking the right boxes. Actual ability to do the job doesn't matter as much as having paperwork which shows you can do the job. Problem is you can't beat them have to join them. It not the schemes fault this exists in all areas

One example is competency based interviews especially in the public sector. Complete utter sh... And as a previous Head of Service in that area I know.

In old days if someone was crap you'd sack them. Now you have to consider their personal problems set them SMART targets and then give them time to improve to the minimum standard acceptable.

Rant over country gone mad run by non productive pen pushing types and public school cretins.

The full C&G 2357/NVQ diploma is the full ticket, as it combines both the core qualification 2365 and the NVQ 3. But the 2356 alone is solely a NVQ 3 qualification and as such is 100%, a supplementary or add-on qualification to any recognised core qualifications.

No i don't have a JIB card, why the hell would i need one?? Mores the point, Do You hold a JIB electrician or Approved electricians card??

Course I do. JIB GRADE - APPROVED ELECTRICIAN

Oh dear rattled some cages I think I wasn't ranting about the "scams" merely asking if there is was such a thing as a DI

Schemes need upgrading no doubt about it at my last inspection it was all about paperwork my jobs on site were of little interest.

Pen pushers gone mad common sense out the window. Same in all spheres it's called progress.

Problem with this damned PC correct country is now it's all about paperwork and ticking the right boxes. Actual ability to do the job doesn't matter as much as having paperwork which shows you can do the job. Problem is you can't beat them have to join them. It not the schemes fault this exists in all areas

One example is competency based interviews especially in the public sector. Complete utter sh... And as a previous Head of Service in that area I know.

In old days if someone was crap you'd sack them. Now you have to consider their personal problems set them SMART targets and then give them time to improve to the minimum standard acceptable.

Rant over country gone mad run by non productive pen pushing types and public school cretins.

What a boring sod you are......think it's time you shut up, stopped being a damn whinger (with an h) and moved on...some of us have but still have our roots and respect them.

At the emd of the dy you can either do the work or you can't, I couldn't care less what bits of paper you have, I'd rather see hard work and good skills, DI or AC or whatever else, makes no difference to me.

Ipf - "Id certum est quod certum reddi potest" figure it out. As for winging is not the whole purpose of this thread to moan! So I will fw moan if I want!

Actually the NICEIC have 2 types of DI full scope and defined scope.

Ipf - "Id certum est quod certum reddi potest" figure it out. As for winging is not the whole purpose of this thread to moan! So I will fw moan if I want!

Actually the NICEIC have 2 types of DI full scope and defined scope.

A telescope and a periscope ?

I am a trainee and this Is my first post.

Is a domestic installer a person who certified under a Part P scheme, and would a fully qualified electrician have no need for such accreditation?

Reply to Domestic Installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock