Currently reading:
downlight converters

Discuss downlight converters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

paul wannell

hi
all the info on downlights and fire regs is blowing my mind. i had job yesterday where i would need to use 170mm converters on hole cut in 1980`s so a lot larger than current. does this make a dif ? i know as its an excisting 2 storey dwelling it doesnt need it but just interested in other peoples opinions. think customer will run a mile when i give him price if fitting plus converter plus labour anyway but gotta do it right.

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...69824-downlight-converters.html#ixzz2GuUyzMn6

A lot of folk use fire rated all the time these days. I do when the customer will pay for it but if they won't and they are not required, then old fashioned non-fire rated are fine.

It should be easy to talk the customer into fire rated, it's their call though, I would probably walk away from the Job if it was only worth £50.00 anyhow, not worth starting the engine on the van unless it is a pit stop on the way home.

Reply to downlight converters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock