Discuss Extra Phase or bigger fuse ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

madmaz

-
Reaction score
Hi I'm pricing up a detatched garage conversion job, the garage will become a "cottage for rent" it is located around 50m from the cutout and consumer unit of the house the cutout is currently fused at 60A the garage conversion will have electric heating via panel heaters 700w an immersion at 3kw a cooker circuit for oven and hob circuit as well as socket circuits and lighting circuits initially i had asked for a new supply to the garage but the DNO say they could fit an 80A fuse and all will be well I am not so sure and would prefer an extra phase I have estimated the house uses around 54A and the cottage will use around 62A anyone any thoughts on this

Well, that is what the DNO usually does: simply upgrade the fuse. As long as the supply cable can take it, why not. Just make sure you get this in writing that it will be fine.

Have you tried switching everything on in the property and taking a clamp meter reading? You may find that your max demand/diversity calcs higher than they actually need to be.

:thumbsup

I erased the Chinese spammer.

Always check the 'about me' tab on their profiles, they normally link to their website in it. Normally quite obvious to see what they're upto from that.

Reply to Extra Phase or bigger fuse ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock