Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Way back when I first stumbled across Chris the plumber on youtube , he was putting up stud walls, tiling bathrooms and fitting kitchen sinks.
I presumed he was and still is a handyman who dabbles in electrics on the side. I haven't watched any of his stuff for a good while now but presume he is still fitting bathrooms and doing a bit of wiring on the side still...

As for Del , still think he is the best honest celeb spark out there , not fancy , doesn't blow smoke up his own arse and reminds me of the site sparks i worked with as a youth
Im beginning to think you're on a permanent windup with delroy😆

Lets not forget not every job has a massive budget to make significant changes , some jobs the customer only wants to lay out the bare minimum money possible

Del does of lot of HMOs and Rentals which again landlords only prepared to pay for what work is 'absolutely necessary'
Safety come first Mate if the customer is strapped fo cash maybe Del should have walked from the job in the first place. to many Rahman landlords around these days.

He was checking for dead with the 2-wire fluke tester on the 2-wire(I think) supply

Using gloves and VDE but still would add the single pole contact or non-contact testing.

Don't like depending on polarity at a board or maybe it was a 2- pole protective device

He was checking for dead with the 2-wire fluke tester on the 2-wire(I think) supply

Using gloves and VDE but still would add the single pole contact or non-contact testing.

Don't like depending on polarity at a board or maybe it was a 2- pole protective device

Not watched the video, but that sounds like standard practice - 2 pole tester proven on a known live supply.

It is but q
Not watched the video, but that sounds like standard practice - 2 pole tester proven on a known live supply.
Yes it's just my thinking

I don't trust the 2 wire on unknown installations

For instance of its a sub-board and you've got reverse polarity on the tails somewhere. Not a big concern if you're isolating via a DP rcbo/rcd

It is but q

Yes it's just my thinking

I don't trust the 2 wire on unknown installations

For instance of its a sub-board and you've got reverse polarity on the tails somewhere. Not a big concern if you're isolating via a DP rcbo/rcd

Many 2 pole testers will indicate polarity and many will also detect voltage on a single probe, although not all have these features. One major benefit is the fact that they'll tell you what voltage is present (with both probes), whereas single pole contact testers generally just indicate if voltage is detected.

Basic fault finding can also be conducted by testing between conductors, which obviously isn't the case with single pole - Sorry, but I can't think of a better word that conducted for this reference to conductors 😄 Both types of tester have their uses.

I dont trust non contact testers whatsoever most of them activate on static on my arm. Out of interest, what single pole tester do you use? I'm yet to see any useful ones but if it was reliable it would be a good tool to have

I dont trust non contact testers whatsoever most of them activate on static on my arm. Out of interest, what single pole tester do you use? I'm yet to see any useful ones but if it was reliable it would be a good tool to have

Useful bits of kit as long as you understand their limitations. Useful fault finding tool. I've got a Kewtech Uno.

I have one too. A klein one. I even keep it in my pocket every day. There is just trust issues in our relationship

Handy when trying to identify one cable out of many, but I also struggle with trust issues.

I do have a single pole contact tester, but rarely use it as it's bulky and not particularly convenient. At least a 2 pole tester can be hung around your neck.

Handy when trying to identify one cable out of many, but I also struggle with trust issues.

I do have a single pole contact tester, but rarely use it as it's bulky and not particularly convenient. At least a 2 pole tester can be hung around your neck.
I have a Martindale single pole one, and it does tend to stay in the tool bag. I do sometimes use it when confronted with an unlabelled heating connection box, I can often leave it balanced / propped in the choc block under it's own weight and hear the beeping when I activate the programmer etc. I think that's the only time it sees the light of day. Otherwise I've gotten used to the Fluke two pole and find it does all I need including a one pole function.

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net