Search the forum,

Discuss Lights in porch soffit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

now to bring some controversy into the equation. its in a porch. it's attached to the building fabric. so not notifiable. minor works certificate.

Funnily enough I was about to ask this same question, as I also read somewhere that if the fitting is attached to the building then it does not need notifying. Can anyone else clarify this ??

i think its an Outdoor light and should be treated as such..!
so what if he fits an outside door to the porch? it's indoors then. will re-read part p when next i get bored out of my skull.

Funnily enough I was about to ask this same question, as I also read somewhere that if the fitting is attached to the building then it does not need notifying. Can anyone else clarify this ??
my interpretation of part pee exactly.

So can you get out of having to notify work in kitchens and bathrooms by screwing the fittings to the fabric of the building?

still attached to the fabric of the building.

tel has this right
light fixed to outside wall attached to building doesnt need notifying if not a new circuit

a socket does as this could be used to supply a cable that crosses the garden

(i)
The installation of equipment attached to the
outside wall of a house (for example security
lighting, air conditioning equipment and radon
fans) is not notifiable provided that there are
no exposed outdoor connections and the
work does not involve the installation of a
new circuit or the extension of a circuit in a
kitchen or special location or associated with
a special installation.

I would say that Tel was right and it is not notifiable, as long as it adheres to above taken from the Part P silliness.

(i)
a special installation.

I would say that Tel was right and it is not notifiable, as long as it adheres to above taken from the Part P silliness.

I re-read this and would agree with Tel. Less money to pay Elecsa then as I've always notified outside lights!

I re-read this and would agree with Tel. Less money to pay Elecsa then as I've always notified outside lights!
the bit about exposed outdoor connections. one could argue that this would make a socket outlet notifiable, but then if it was IP55 with a flap on, there's then no exposed outdoor connections, so it would be non-notifiable. typical part pee confusion.

the bit about exposed outdoor connections. one could argue that this would make a socket outlet notifiable, but then if it was IP55 with a flap on, there's then no exposed outdoor connections, so it would be non-notifiable. typical part pee confusion.

Typical Part P confusion - defintely, however I would say that an outdoor socket is always notifiable.

(i)
a special installation.

I stand corrected.

outside sockets are notifiable mate its in the elecys guide to building regs

the installation of a socket outlet on a external wall is notifiable , since the socket outlet is an outdoor connector that could be connected to cables that cross the garden and requires RCD protection

Reply to Lights in porch soffit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock