Discuss Lights in porch soffit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Minor or Major..

you have Minor works or Electrical installation....!!!

if new circuit then EIC
if spur from circuit MW

plus its Notifiyable to LABC

ip55, are led not classed as elv? and does that not make a difference? been reading lots of things and they all contradict....

So if fitting with 12v does this make a diffence? (dam my head hurts)

Last edited by a moderator:
nope not all outside fittings are ip 4 rated some are only ip2 so not such a stupid answer was it. know it all

Last edited by a moderator:
moisture in the air has no effect on electrical fittings i,ve seen plenty of batton holders under open porches with no problems. so your post was pretty stupid

ELV wiring (data, coax etc) doesn't need notifying, but if you're installing MR16 lamps the chances are you'll also be installing transformers, which use a 230v feed.

Reply to Lights in porch soffit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi folks, I have been out to quote for a soffit lighting job. I have done jobs like this many times but usually only installing lights in the top...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Installed many extractors, but this is a first for me. Customer wants the fan vented out through the soffit, with an inline extractor...
Replies
Views
Hi all, The service cable is on the outside of my wall in the porch. What’s the best way to cover it with complying with current regulations...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to add a PIR to a porch light but I want the original light switch to still behave as it always has. i.e. both the light switch and the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock