Discuss S Plan Heating with UFH in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys

Looking for some advice with regard to wiring a heating system. Starting a new build next week and have little if any experience with heating systems. The heating system is a system boiler with a cylinder. There is radiators upstairs and an UFH downstairs. I understand the wiring setup of the S Plan heating system. However there is no external programmer and there is no room stats for the upstairs radiators. Also I'm not sure how to incorporate the UFH into the wiring system. I have used the wiring diagram attached as a guide. Am i correct in thinking that the UFH is just considered an extra zone.

The UFH syatem being used is a heatmiser which has a seperate wirong centre.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• S Plan Heating with UFH S_plan_wiring_diagram - EletriciansForums.net
    S_plan_wiring_diagram.gif
    79.9 KB · Views: 32
I always use a three channel programmer for these hybrid systems, with a third 2 port valve to power up the UFH.
You'll need to add an upstairs room 'stat to prevent boiler cycling when upstairs is on and UHF off.

I always use a three channel programmer for these hybrid systems, with a third 2 port valve to power up the UFH.
You'll need to add an upstairs room 'stat to prevent boiler cycling when upstairs is on and UHF off.
Thanks for the quick response brian.

The UFH system has separate stats for each individual room downstairs.

I will make sure I use a stat for the upstairs radiators.

Thanks again

Hi,have you been specified the full details off all the intended system?

This is what will determine the control and linking system,wiring wise.

If the full layout is to be supplied and fitted,it must be to a known or formatted control method,or there is the chance you will fall foul of having to try and make incompatible pieces of equipment,all function happily.....

Hi,have you been specified the full details off all the intended system?

This is what will determine the control and linking system,wiring wise.

If the full layout is to be supplied and fitted,it must be to a known or formatted control method,or there is the chance you will fall foul of having to try and make incompatible pieces of equipment,all function happily.....
As far as im aware the UFH system is heatmiser. The roomstats are Neo stat V2. Thats pretty much all I know at the minute.

I know the UFH manifold is external to the main wiring centre so I was going to run A 3 core and earth between the wiring centre and the heatmiser wiring centre. A permanent feed neutral earth and a switched live for firing the boiler.

Thanks for the response

I know the modern wireless stuff,negates some of the hard wiring,but i do remember one installation,which the various contractors had vanished,and it required a five core,where the 3c+e was.....

It was high-end,and mostly finished,and necessitated some pretty daring,fracking-type drilling,to get the correct cable in place ?

Reply to S Plan Heating with UFH in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock