Search the forum,

Discuss The price of petrol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

flyingsausage

With all the trouble in the Middle East and North Africa the experts think that petrol is going to go up to 140p for a litre and more for a litre of desiel.I can't speal for others but this will break the camels back for alot of the working class people trying to run a house and a car.It is bad enough with jobs few and far between but you need a car to be in this trade.
When I got my current car six years ago it was £33 for fourty litres and now it is £51 where will it end as I will be like many others and will be priced of the road.
There is also thr point that nearly everything in this country comes by road on the back of a lorry so when the price of desiel goes up the prices of everything else has to go up as well.
I urge everyone to go to www.fairfueluk.com and sign the petition as the more people sign it the more clout these campaigners will have.
On the above website you can read peoples stories on how the high fuel prices are affecting them.
It is also affecting people who use oil for central heating badly as well as drivers.
So I will struggle and the planned rise in the Budget next month will not help either.
How will it affect you?

£8 a gallon is possible By July

we all have to remember that Petrol is not sold like other things . Its a very very difficult item to cost and sell
Expect the public to be well ****** off etc.

i'll take over libya if we can get petrol that cheap nevermind britian lol, its a joke the price of fuel in this country, majority of it is tax

they want you to be honest citizens only to pay there taxes not cause they think its right....

bring on the electric car world wide then they can sniff there petrol

my old man, with the help of the 7th armoured, kicked Rommel out of Libya. . I'm sure our current armed forces could take out a tin pot dictator.

i'll take over libya if we can get petrol that cheap nevermind britian lol, its a joke the price of fuel in this country, majority of it is tax

Have to agree read somewhere that in the rest of Europe it was 50% / 50% for tax against costs for manufacturing/profit, here it is 68% tax and 32% costs when paying for your fuel.

to be honest that price is probably gunna go up or stay it will never go down, we only have a certain amount of petrol on this plannet the more we use the less we have-the less we have the prices go up.
not long till were gunan be buying water to run our cars now anyway

Back in the 70's when raymond baxter (ex WW2 RAF fighter pilot ) was on tomorrows world there was a hydro car that could do 100 miles to the gallon on water , just disapeared off the face of the earth bought up by oil barrons ,and hidden away , now its comming back but slowly if during the 70's this car with the technologial advances over the years would be on the road today ,no pollution and economical ,the the fuel excise duty would be slapped on charging us .75p per litre as they do now ,to help us all out they should abolish the fuel duty but no the price keeps going up ,they blame the cost of wholesale cost of oil increasing infact its not its dropping will they pass it on to us no never , and you can bet your bottom dollor that the intrest rate will increase to adding to yet more misery

my lady works in community care half her wages goes on fuel she cant claim any back yet as shes only started 2 weeks ago it is a joke shes on about jacking it in already as its goin end up shel be working just to pay the fuel for work

i can see it over 2 pound a litre in the next 12 months least therl be less traffic

As most self-employed sparks will already know:
Jonesy83 tell your misses to keep a weekly mileage/petrol record and her petrol receipts, as she has no fixed place of employment she can off-set her tax. I think the current rate allowed by HMRC is 49p/mile. Even if her employer pays her a mileage allowance (say 30p/mile for this argument) then she would be entitled to claim the balance namely 49-30=19p/mile.

As far as I know theres 60p a litre tax/duty on recycled chip oil(ie Bio Diesel) now as well, and it will go up, so you can forget that....

What would happen if we were to get an electric car, and charge it up off the back of our own small wind turbine? they would probably class us as a micro-generating electricity producer and tax us on it.....I can see it now...they come along and fit a sealed meter between the miniature wind turbine and the car charging socket, and then bill us on a regular basis for it plus the vat, and some technology company will profit from making the whole thing fully automated....there will be plenty of people out there desperate for work and people from overseas who will jump at the chance to fit these meters for 6 pounds an hour...

And I can see the Electricity companies cashing in as well, they will force you to have a "special purpose" meter fitted and will charge you more per unit for the car charging electricity and ban you from plugging in to your house for that purpose....then the government will add duty to the electricity sold for car charging and the electricity bill will just go up and up......instead of looking at a pile of petrol station receipts you will just be looking at an electricity company letter/bill...

we will end up with people getting arrested for dealing in black market electricity.....warehouses getting found full of sockets and trailing cables into cars left in for a top-up LOL ........"what are YOU in for?"........"Car Electric Tax evasion and unlicenced electricity production, 8 years dude".....

Last edited:
As far as I know theres 60p a litre tax/duty on recycled chip oil(ie Bio Diesel) now as well, and it will go up, so you can forget that....

What would happen if we were to get an electric car, and charge it up off the back of our own small wind turbine? they would probably class us as a micro-generating electricity producer and tax us on it.....I can see it now...they come along and fit a sealed meter between the miniature wind turbine and the car charging socket, and then bill us on a regular basis for it plus the vat, and some technology company will profit from making the whole thing fully automated....there will be plenty of people out there desperate for work and people from overseas who will jump at the chance to fit these meters for 6 pounds an hour...

And I can see the Electricity companies cashing in as well, they will force you to have a "special purpose" meter fitted and will charge you more per unit for the car charging electricity and ban you from plugging in to your house for that purpose....then the government will add duty to the electricity sold for car charging and the electricity bill will just go up and up......instead of looking at a pile of petrol station receipts you will just be looking at an electricity company letter/bill...

we will end up with people getting arrested for dealing in black market electricity.....warehouses getting found full of sockets and trailing cables into cars left in for a top-up LOL ........"what are YOU in for?"........"Car Electric Tax evasion and unlicenced electricity production, 8 years dude".....

Christ, I was reading that and it sounded as if I was having a rant...lol :D
Worked on this last Friday. It produced just enough power to boil my kettle. :D

25022011448.jpg25022011449.jpg

Reply to The price of petrol in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock