Discuss underfloor mats for carpet and under vinyl strip in ensuite? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hey all, looking into what I need to fit underfloor heat mats to an ensuite bathroom which is having some kind of vinyl strip flooring laid on top apparently with of course self levelling compound first on top of mat.

Is Wedi board alright for under the mat insulation or use proper uf heat made boards ? floor is concrete pad & another room floor is treated ply on raised floor then will be same FME foil covered mats as is carpet on top in other room.

I heard about some kind of green primer stuff that may be needed but never had to use any before ? Any ideas of what may be required ? Thanks.

How big is the area?

We can do a 140w/m2 foiled heating for areas bigger then 4m2, which is called our FloorTec System, it would need a 6mm underlay, vapour barrier and a 9mm overboard which we supply.

If it's under 4m2 then a 160w/m2 on to a backerboard with a 10mm self levelling compound over the cables will be the only option.

Both options we can supply, if you'd like a quotation feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks for that Jake as usual wholesaler is a bit vague at moment, bathroom has been messed with so much that now I'm down to 2.7m sq so effectively 2.5m sq I guess ?

Bedroom next to it is going onto ply floor raised above existing concrete and needs 10m sq there & carpet going on top.

Thanks for that Jake as usual wholesaler is a bit vague at moment, bathroom has been messed with so much that now I'm down to 2.7m sq so effectively 2.5m sq I guess ?

Bedroom next to it is going onto ply floor raised above existing concrete and needs 10m sq there & carpet going on top.

To keep it consistent then you can do the 160w/m2 with a 10mm compound throughout so you won't have a height difference.

A 6mm Backerboard would be the best option, with a 2.5m2 mat giving you 92% coverage and a 9m2 mat giving you 90% coverage, please PM me and I can prepare a quote for you.

Reply to underfloor mats for carpet and under vinyl strip in ensuite? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net