Discuss ADE Optima Compact in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Locrieth

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi All, New to this forum and I've been looking around to find some information about my alarm. I've lived in my house for 6 years and I've never had any problems with my alarm, but over the weekend I had a power cut during the night. I think the alarm went off, but in the morning the power was back on and the alarm had 3 red lights on 1 in "zone 1", 1 on the "Power" and the 3rd one was on the "Tamper". So I thought right just put the code back in to set it the next morning, but the key pad seems to be totally unresponsive. Any ideas how to get it functioning again? I tried unscrewing the bottom plastic panel to have a look and see if there was any reset buttons, but was presented with a mass of wires! I'm no electrician so I just screwed the panel back on and started having a look on the net, that's when I found this forum. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Locrieth

i'd first suspect that the battery is kaput. generally their lifespan is 5 -6 years. the panel may well have a blown fuse or need a reset. i'm provisionally down in stoke this friday afternoon if you want me to call and have a look at it.

The panel sounds like its locked, due to battery being faulty.
Will need resetting, as below, new user code will be 0123, and eng code will be 9999

To default to factory settings:
1. Power down panel.
2. Remove wiring from SET output and PA input.
3. Fit shorting wire between SET and left-hand PA terminal.
4. Power up.
5. Wait for alarm to start.
6. Power down panel and then restore original wiring.

Hi, sorry for the delayed response I've been at work. Right so I got home, cracked the case open again and my wife came over and said "what's this spring?" and prodded it, which promptly set the alarm off, guessing that's the tamper spring! So I turned the power off and the alarm kept going, so I guess the battery is OK? So I disconnected that too and the alarm kept going, so I put the battery back in turned the power back on and the keypad started working, so I put the case back together, pressed reset and the green light came on for day and the red tamper went off. Then tested it and all seems to be working OK again!
Thanks for your assistance.

Locrieth :)

Hi, sorry for the delayed response I've been at work. Right so I got home, cracked the case open again and my wife came over and said "what's this spring?" and prodded it, which promptly set the alarm off, guessing that's the tamper spring! So I turned the power off and the alarm kept going, so I guess the battery is OK? So I disconnected that too and the alarm kept going, so I put the battery back in turned the power back on and the keypad started working, so I put the case back together, pressed reset and the green light came on for day and the red tamper went off. Then tested it and all seems to be working OK again!
Thanks for your assistance.

Locrieth :)

The External Bellbox has its own battery too. The siren is "held off" by the supply from the panel be it mains via transformer or 12V panel battery. Still may have a duff battery. Try turning mains off and see if bellbox goes off again.

Reply to ADE Optima Compact in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net