Discuss Alarm/cctv in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning all,

I’ve recently bought a new house with an old alarm system that didn’t work and was located in the downstairs toilet. I’ve rewired it and located The Alarm Panel in the first floor landing cupboard

Going on the system are the following:

Surface mounted contact to be fitted to the head of the main front entrance door

Pir's to be located in - Hallway, Front Room, Dining Room, Lounge, Kitchen, First floor Landing and Garage

Main keypad to be installed near the main front entrance door. Second keypad to be installed in the garage.

External Bell box to be fitted at the front of the house

Internal sounder to be fitted in the downstairs hallway

Im just not sure which one to go for as there’s so many options.

The eaton Scantronic range
The Lightsys intruder system - Risco
Texecom - premier
Pyronix enforcer
Hkc

I was Told by one of the low voltage engineers at work that he would recommend The eaton Scantronic range. He said even the Empire State Building uses the Eaton system. I’ve seen a lot of people use the pyronix enforcer however someone else told me their cloud app has been hacked before and he recommended the HKC system which is an Irish company but they have a big site in the West Midlands (although he sounded like a salesman)

I’m happy to pay more if this means the quality is better. Could anyone help or advice in choosing the best one? Or the best one for me?
Thanks

cctv

Ive been told the hikvision darkfighter cameras are the best for a household camera. Is this correct? And would I simply just ask at a local wholesalers for this product or is there different ranges in the hikvision dark fighter? I don’t think you would notice the difference between a 5mp and an 8mp on a 50inch screen or less so I’ll opt for the 5mp.

Thanks guys

i can recomment the risco lightsys. has the advantage that you can add wireless detectors at a later date, and their cloud is free.

I've always installed Texecom Premier Elite panels and would highly recommend them.

Cant go wrong with Hikvision cameras either, haven't installed any 8MP cameras but can vouch for their 5MP ones and they're brilliant.

I get my CCTV gear through Mast Digital - be worth giving them a call as they're very helpful and see what they recommend for your needs.

Reply to Alarm/cctv in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net