Discuss Consumer unit tails - maximum length in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Danny Pross

Hi
Can anyone confirm what the maximum length is for consumer unit tails?
I wasn't aware that there was any set maximum - but I have heard elsewhere that there is a maximum of 3 metres ???
Is this the case, and can anyone tell me where to read up on it.

Is it actually in the regs somewhere?

Is it a matter of voltage drop???

Thanks in advance

D

The DNO generally states that its 3M internal or 4 external.

They apparently will provide fault protection on these lengths only

Reg 433.3.1 (iii) Allows the tails to be unfused with the DNO's agreement. The DNO stipulates the max length.
Reg 434.3 (iv) requires additional protection ie trunking or DI tails.

Google searches often pop up old threads and people post on them without realising the thread date. This one had a response which showed no content, I deleted but it has showed it as an active thread in the current forum.

Reply to Consumer unit tails - maximum length in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if someone could help me with some EICR coding. I am aware that bringing mains tails into a fire rated consumer unit...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Hi First post and I'm a DIY-er so apologies if this is the wrong forum to start with. I have a project at the moment that involves replacing a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm getting conflicting stories about this, I wonder if someone could put this to bed once and for all. I'm replacing a consumer unit in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Is anyone aware of the change to solar generation FIT payment contracts for existing installations. (FIT payment scheme closed in 2019)...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock