Discuss Do this particual model of LED strips produce ANY UV at all? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have question about LED strips.

I have movie prop that is very,VERY fragile and it's very sensitive to UV.

I have it displayed in my cabinet and I bought LED strips for illumination.

Problem is that I'm not sure if model that I bought emits UV even in smallest quantity.

I know some people are saying that LED don't produce UV at all,but that's not completely true.

Some models do and some don't.

I read that phosphorus have role in producing UV when it comes to LED lights.

I tried to contact company that made LED strip I get but they didn't replied to me back.

I was hoping that you may know if this particular model produce any UV?

Model name is Optonica LED Strip 12V 2835 60 LEDs SKU:4703

I manage to find them in catalog and I made a screen shot so you don't have to bother searching for it.

I'll post it so you can see specifications.

Every help is more than welcome.Do this particual model of LED strips produce ANY UV at all? led strip.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

TL;DR
Does my model of LED strips produce ANY UV at all?
Not sure about UV from LED strip, but what about the UV from any other light source such as sunlight?

you can get UV blocking windows, so how about a UV blocking glass box around your prop, and the LED outside the box, but all still within the display cabinet?

You could purchase or hire a light meter that measures UV to check both the output of any lights you install plus the general ambient lighting in the final setting.

Museums have very specific requirement in terms of lux levels and UV exposure for lots of their objects so these kinds of meters are used to set levels and check the UV output of lighting.

An (expensive) example I've seen used:

Cheaper ones are available but it might be worth hiring a quality unit.

Reply to Do this particual model of LED strips produce ANY UV at all? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock