Discuss EICR unsatisfactory due to 'no RCD protection to lighting circuits' in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

The property was a 'time warp' large farmhouse, which was sold at auction. The boss man of the local electricity board and my customer were the last two bidders, and my customer outbid him, so when it came to connect up to the mains supply (place had a small generator only), he came out in person to do the checks.
Only thing he found 'wrong' in the end, was that I had used the earthing stud on the side of a large ironclad generator change over switch to join some bonding wires together, instead of a separate service block or MET.
Nice to hear stories like that Brian, Although you are definitely old school with the wording of “Electricity Board” they havnt changed much these days just less competent 😂

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

brianmoooore

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Things were much simpler in those days.
SWEB installed the supply, SWEB fitted the meter, SWEB did some very basic testing, SWEB energised the supply, SWEB turned up every three months to read the meter, and SWEB sent you your electricity bill.

Reaction score
Things were much simpler in those days.
SWEB installed the supply, SWEB fitted the meter, SWEB did some very basic testing, SWEB energised the supply, SWEB turned up every three months to read the meter, and SWEB sent you your electricity bill.
Yea I bet is too many ppl sticking their dirty fingers in the pie these days isn’t it

Reply to EICR unsatisfactory due to 'no RCD protection to lighting circuits' in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net