Discuss Electric hob in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I've been asked to install a cooker and electric hob. However I've been told that the cables for the electric hob have come loose.
Any suggestions on where they should be going?

I've been asked to install a cooker and electric hob. However I've been told that the cables for the electric hob have come loose.
Any suggestions on where they should be going?
Make, Model number and some pictures and more information required

Make, Model number and some pictures and more information required
This is the only information I have. I was thinking that they could possibly be the controls for the electric hob. I think that the grey cables will sit on the left hand side of each block but that's all that I can think of.

Attachments

• Electric hob received_141677210629351 - EletriciansForums.net
    received_141677210629351.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Electric hob received_152287146582752 - EletriciansForums.net
    received_152287146582752.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Electric hob received_491557151790505 - EletriciansForums.net
    received_491557151790505.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 6
This is the only information I have. I was thinking that they could possibly be the controls for the electric hob. I think that the grey cables will sit on the left hand side of each block but that's all that I can think of.
Could always try the makers for a wiring diagram

without a wiring diagram, it would be a case of testing continuity, temporarily clipping a suppy to each set of wires to see wht worked and when, then connecting into the appropriate teminals. half a day's work.

Oh dear. If this is indeed a freestanding cooker, someone's taken what should have been a simple install (via the connector plate at the rear of the cooker) and made it hugely complicated by taking the hob off the cooker and accidentally parting the internal connections from the thermostats etc in the process.

The only manuals I can find on-line are for end-users and installers (https://documents.4rgos.it/v1/static/9310234_R_D001 for instance). The instruction manual, as you would expect, does not have an internal wiring diagram. The Bush name is a brand owned by Argos and its parent Sainsbury, thought to cover goods manufactured in China and other countries. I doubt it will be easy (or indeed practicable) to source any wiring diagram for the cooker, as companies like Argos do not in general have repair facilities for such goods - if they fail in-warranty they replace rather than repair as it is more cost-effective with goods which have thin profit margins.

Sorry to say that I think there is no simple solution, as identifying which function is involved (oven, grill, hob plates etc) would require further strip-down.

I've successfully got hold of wiring diagrams for Smeg cookers... but never tried for Bush. As Tel says... it's at least half a day of working out what is what... and even then it could all be wrong !

Reply to Electric hob in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock