Discuss Government to appeal! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

yep just listened to it, why are fellow industry spokes people harping on with 43.3p its really naf ! The fact is everyone reconiseses that it had to come down. we want to know where they got 21p from ? and Importantly the C rating. and when will the rates be finalised eg can we sell Solar PV its now a month of No PV installs !

...and the bad news is that the process is being dragged out and we can do nothing in the meantime. Solar PV UK shoots itself in the foot anyone? Forget 43.3p. 21p is workable and I have a couple of quotes nearing completion and ready to send out based on this. However, if we come out of this appeal back at 43.3p, I'm sure panel prices will mysteriously rise and we'll all be faffing around requoting. I want to get back out there installing again, not be fannying about with paperwork all day. And I don't want to be in another Dec. 12th scenario come the end of March. I'm afraid I hope the government's appeal is successful and we are allowed to go forward at 21p. They've already done the damage so let's stop prolonging the agony and get on with it.

The C rating tie in is far more of a concern and is nothing more than a way of killing off PV in advance of the all singing all dancing (and all a load of rubbish) Green Deal. Which is cack. So there.

PV Solar UK shoots itself in the foot anyone?

Is that the same PV Solar UK that when quoting me for a system the salesman said "Two weeks ago I would have quoted you 12k now its 14k due to the Dec 12 rush" and i didnt like the hook it over the battens fittings they used.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes their are rogues like in any business that why you should only use REAL and MCS accedited providers PLUS ones who use in-house electricans not subcontractors on top of getting 4 quotes ! The fact is I have customer with quotes over 4K difference.... but in this day and age people should be aware of this, same as emails asking for their bank details !!

Reply to Government to appeal! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net