Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying a wire terminal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying o identify a wire terminal, I've been through all the usual data sheets for Molex, Panduit etc and can't find it. Wondered if anyone could put a name or reference number to it.

The terminal I'm looking for is a crimped female pin terminal that's used on domestic and small commercial refrigeration compressors. It's approx 5mm wide, 3.5mm high and 7mm deep excluding the wire crimp part. I've attached a vague sketch looking from the back of the terminal. Any suggestions appreciated and thanks in advance.

Drawing1.jpg

Sorry, not seen that one Marvo, though someone has, no doubt. From the drawing, I thought it was some sort of barn with a sliding door.
Maybe just solder.

Last edited:
Does it fit a standard male connector pin?? If so, use a standard female connector pin. Can't say i've seen this design of female connector before, but i notice that the male connectors in your photo's look very much as standard male connectors...

Thanks for your input everyone.I think I haven't explained very well and the sketch probably didn't help either.

The connection is a standard that's used on just about every small hermetic refrigeration compressor.

untitled1.jpg

The pins on the compressor itself are male and I'm looking for the female terminals that would push on to these pins.

untitled2.jpg

The pins are a nominal 2.3mm diameter. The crimp on wire terminals specification is as follows;

untitled3.jpg

I'm looking for a supplier, preferable international but southern Africa or UK is also fine, with small quantities (500 pcs) of the shelf.

Last edited:
Thanks Spark 68, the JST terminals are the type I'm looking for but they only sell them in quantities of tens of thousands and the type they supply are only on long rolls for loading into an automated crimping machine in a mass production environment.

I was hoping to find the same terminal in loose format suitable for hand crimping and in smaller quantities like maybe a few hundred. I scoured their website and datasheets but they don't give an ISO or generic reference number for the terminals so I've hit a dead end trying to find a suitable supplier :(

Reply to Identifying a wire terminal in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net