Search the forum,

Discuss NICEIC Rant in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

the **** of a waiter then re-emerges with a plate of burning food (obviously brandy coated or something) and plonks down on the table and says in a very arrogant and nasel french accent .."hot enough for you sir?"

I'd be reminding monsieur waiter of 2 pertinent statistics...

1. Fewer than five out of ten French people take a bath or shower every day.
2. The French buy less than half as much soap as the Germans and the British.

And then finish off by telling him where he can stick his 'Crepe Suzette', flaming or otherwise :ciappa:

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me edging in on your rant, I'm new to the forum and to the trade. I have recently qualified as a spark, with inspection and testing etc and would like to find out more about registering with a scheme provider. By the sound of things NIC are very friendly, not! What do the annual assessments consist of, what real benifits do scheme providers provide etc. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

They're also just as bad as each other just want money...... but I think Elecsa contractors seem happier with their scheme than any other

Thanks RJW. Can you expand a little on their requirements etc? Where in East angia are you based I'm in Mid Suffolk.

I have no idea we're dreaded NICEIC AC:89:

The elecsa website simply just says you need the 17th

More info Elecsa - Part P Scheme

And the elecsa guide http://www.elecsa.co.uk/Documents/P...to-Avoid-Common-Part-P-Assessment-Issues.aspx

I'm near Yarmouth

EDIT Sorry wrong doc

Should have posted this one http://www.elecsa.co.uk/Documents/Public-Documents/Contractors/Guide-to-Part-P_2012.aspx

Last edited:
that reminds me of a girl i once dated. she was half english-half french. she used to shave one armpit.

I've looked at a few on line and they all seem to want to take your money, which is non refundable, prior to them coming out to assess your competance. Not one to shy away from a good in depth assessment of any type, I take it if you don't meet their requirements they keep your money?

I've looked at a few on line and they all seem to want to take your money, which is non refundable, prior to them coming out to assess your competance. Not one to shy away from a good in depth assessment of any type, I take it if you don't meet their requirements they keep your money?

If your near Bury you should talk to CBW he's with elecsa and been with them for years.. He'd be in a be position to advise you than me!

They all want to take your money, that is the important part (oh! sorry, the safety of your installations is the important part).
If they assess you and you do not pass then, depending on the problem, you may be able to send them copies of correct paperwork or pictures of corrected work with out additional cost, if it requires another site visit this would be charged.
The initial fee is never refunded!

Thanks all for your replies. I think it boils down to taking a gamble on which provider to give money too. I thought this electrickery business was all about doing an honest job within the boundaries of the rules and regs without paying someone for the privilege! Listen to me, sounding sceptical already.

They all want to take your money, that is the important part (oh! sorry, the safety of your installations is the important part).
If they assess you and you do not pass then, depending on the problem, you may be able to send them copies of correct paperwork or pictures of corrected work with out additional cost, if it requires another site visit this would be charged.
The initial fee is never refunded!

FAIL?? Does anyone know personally of anyone failing an assessment?? Geezus your going to have to be pretty dam bad at just about everything to fail, These scam providers want your money first and foremost!! ...lol!!

FAIL?? Does anyone know personally of anyone failing an assessment?? Geezus your going to have to be pretty dam bad at just about everything to fail, These scam providers want your money first and foremost!! ...lol!!
You will not fail but you might not pass, fine distinction there, they will allow you time to correct your mistakes!
"Look you have connected that in the wrong polarity and without over current protection, get it right and send us a picture of your correction and you will then pass"
So you can see all is totally safe and meets all requirements for good regulation :innocent:.

You will not fail but you might not pass, fine distinction there, they will allow you time to correct your mistakes!
"Look you have connected that in the wrong polarity and without over current protection, get it right and send us a picture of your correction and you will then pass"
So you can see all is totally safe and meets all requirements for good regulation :innocent:.

OK, with you now!! They give you another chance to continue paying the fee's. Yep, ...that makes perfect sense now!! lol!!!

Reply to NICEIC Rant in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back