Discuss Rcd tripping cause? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I would also double check that the black insulated core was connected to neutral at both ends and the bare conductor with bodged black sleeving is connected to earth - and also replace with correct green/yellow sleeving.

I would also double check that the black insulated core was connected to neutral at both ends and the bare conductor with bodged black sleeving is connected to earth - and also replace with correct green/yellow sleeving.
Thanks - yes I want to replace sleeving once I find the cross over.
I’ve decided to draw it all out on paper as a first step!

Probably start in the middle somewhere and find it with a voltstick then confirm

If that's what you're saying?

You've got reverse polarity at an outlet and you don't know where it originates
Yes I’ve got socket tester reporting L and N reversed and a rcd tripping implying L to E somewhere.The socket is at the last stage of socket - fuse box. - fused spur - main CU.

wander lead would be useful here. can make up a temp. one with a length of scrap single.

Reply to Rcd tripping cause? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock