Search the forum,

Discuss Unqualified, inexperienced badged "electricians" in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

thing is here n all is these courses all claim "be an electrician in 5 weeks....2 months"...whatever.....should be a breach of advertising or something here.....what they are selling aint electricians courses....just a DIs course....thats all.......

as we all knoe aint going to go away, and if you look at half the companys out there they are employing george and bungle to install his wiring ..

just the way it is.... but hopefully they electrocute somone in parliment then they change the law again...

Made me laugh. Watched the last episode of "Lost" (TV thing) yesterday, there's a bit where a bloke called Jack wakes up after a massive electro magnetic disruption to his already stabbed beaten body, he's got blood coming out of his nose and side, and he kind of jolts and twitches into a standing position.

Looked like me getting up every morning

Id change your alarm clock mate.

I thought it was a snooze button

I dont think the course itself is so bad, but there should be some sort of experience requirement to go with it. Such as having to spend at least a year working with a time served spark for instance.

thing is here n all is these courses all claim "be an electrician in 5 weeks....2 months"...whatever.....should be a breach of advertising or something here.....what they are selling aint electricians courses....just a DIs course....thats all.......

but di's call themselves sparks,mr householder thinks their sparks..theres something drasicaslly wrong in this industry now,personally i blame the earn 50k adverts and the training centres and i use that term loosley,can you really blame the people that sign up handing over thousands of pounds for quals that will lead to nowhere chasing the pot of gold,theve been sold down the river,the jobs dont exsist and they are totally unprepaired technically and expierence wise to go it alone

My own personal circumstances mean that I am currently retraining in the electrical sector... I am a mature student at the age of 40...and I have got 20 years of electronic engineering experience, as well as 7 years of study through C&G , ONC and HNC qualifications in other engineering disciplines.

I am now retraining through the Part P Domestic installer, 17th edition, and C&G2395 inspection and testing courses over the period of a few months of courses. My previous engineering training and experience mean that making engineering calculations for ohms law...voltage drop...transposing adiabatic equations and likewise are all second nature. Also, with my skills and knowledge learn't from previous BTEC and C&G courses within engineering, it means there are a lot of 'transferrable skills' which are common to both industries...

I am also going to become a member of one of the competent schemes...get my insurances...and ensure everything is above board... However, I am not under any misconception that I am going to be able to walk straight into customer premises and start doing full house rewiring, or carrying out full periodicals... or taking on large scale jobs. On the contrary...I am organising to go out on the tools with a fully trained spark for a few months to gain the essential practical experience before making a decision to go out on my own...

I understand everyones comments (and anger) on this subject...and that there are also many cowboys out there currently practicing bad electrics ... However, i don't think it is appropriate to group everyone in the same bracket... who decide to retrain and to take their hand to this route of training...there are also many experienced and clever guys that are taking this domestic installer route of training !

My own personal circumstances mean that I am currently retraining in the electrical sector... I am a mature student at the age of 40...and I have got 20 years of electronic engineering experience, as well as 7 years of study through C&G , ONC and HNC qualifications in other engineering disciplines.

I am now retraining through the Part P Domestic installer, 17th edition, and C&G2395 inspection and testing courses over the period of a few months of courses. My previous engineering training and experience mean that making engineering calculations for ohms law...voltage drop...transposing adiabatic equations and likewise are all second nature. Also, with my skills and knowledge learn't from previous BTEC and C&G courses within engineering, it means there are a lot of 'transferrable skills' which are common to both industries...

I am also going to become a member of one of the competent schemes...get my insurances...and ensure everything is above board... However, I am not under any misconception that I am going to be able to walk straight into customer premises and start doing full house rewiring, or carrying out full periodicals... or taking on large scale jobs. On the contrary...I am organising to go out on the tools with a fully trained spark for a few months to gain the essential practical experience before making a decision to go out on my own...

I understand everyones comments (and anger) on this subject...and that there are also many cowboys out there currently practicing bad electrics ... However, i don't think it is appropriate to group everyone in the same bracket... who decide to retrain and to take their hand to this route of training...there are also many experienced and clever guys that are taking this domestic installer route of training !
i dont think that most forum members here are tarring all with the same brush.....but these 5 week wonders keep coming in here asking the most base questions on how to do stuff that usually start with the eternal words "i`m an electrician"...or something like that....can get really annoying.....basic stuff about where and where not to apply diversity,...."what size MCB should i use"....this without any attempt at looking through the relevent books first ....no...non of that....its straight in here...and so someone has to answer thise questions just because they know the anser and did their homework........really irritating stuff like that....

Reply to Unqualified, inexperienced badged "electricians" in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock