Discuss What wire I need in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I just purchased the property next door it has a shed that is complete with a breaker box and wired with lights n plug ins my house breaker box has a spare 20 amp and is approximately 165 feet away from my sheds breaker box I'll be running small tools and lights maybe a small AC during the summer what size wire do I need to make it sufficient and safe aswell as the cheapest rout I'm streached for cash these days any advice would be greatly appreciated please and thank you

I just purchased the property next door it has a shed that is complete with a breaker box and wired with lights n plug ins my house breaker box has a spare 20 amp and is approximately 165 feet away from my sheds breaker box I'll be running small tools and lights maybe a small AC during the summer what size wire do I need to make it sufficient and safe aswell as the cheapest rout I'm streached for cash these days any advice would be greatly appreciated please and thank you
My friend the AC alone needs a 20 amp 120vac by itself. Install underground approved for direct burial 10/3 with a ground and change the 20 amp to a 30 amp breaker

Reply to What wire I need in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Last year we purchased a home that was built in the late 1990s It has one outbuilding, sort of a barn/shed about 160 feet from the house (and...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views
Reaching out for some help/guidance and sanity check. Apologies in advance for the long post, but wanted to make sure it was clear. Thanks in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock