Discuss Advice following EICR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That EICR is pants. I doubt they need a 32amp radial for an induction hob. Aren't they normally 20amp or run off a plug top? Seems a bit of a chancer.

That EICR is pants. I doubt they need a 32amp radial for an induction hob. Aren't they normally 20amp or run off a plug top? Seems a bit of a chancer.
I know people who are sort of rigid with stuff based on category. So they have 6mm + 32/40a = hobs and ovens and they will not trust any other set up.

I put my oven on 1.5mm heat resistance flex because it's 2kw max and the manual said 1.5mm was recommended (it's a Zanussi).

I got basically told my house would burn down because 'ovens need to be on 6mm minimum' by someone. Like mate, max pull under normal conditions is like 9a. I hard wired it into an FCU at 13a but it could have basically been put on a plug top since it pulls less than my kettle.

I've seen hobs that will draw 2.5Kw all the way up to 8Kw so making a sweeping generalisation on 20A could leave you a few amps short as the hob rating isn't shown on the EICR
I know people who are sort of rigid with stuff based on category. So they have 6mm + 32/40a = hobs and ovens and they will not trust any other set up.

I put my oven on 1.5mm heat resistance flex because it's 2kw max and the manual said 1.5mm was recommended (it's a Zanussi).

I got basically told my house would burn down because 'ovens need to be on 6mm minimum' by someone. Like mate, max pull under normal conditions is like 9a. I hard wired it into an FCU at 13a but it could have basically been put on a plug top since it pulls less than my kettle.
Longevity of the fixed wiring will outlast most ovens and hobs adding a little bit of an overhead on the fixed cabling now can save a lot of time, effort and redecoration in the long run when an appliance failure occurs a bit of penny pinching now can cost many pounds in the future,
It is a conversation I've had many times with customers where their new hob or oven that is replacing an existing appliance can't be connected because the supply cable is too small for the new equipment that they have bought

Pretty poor report as stated My question is if a domestic installer how can he have access to the Domestic EICR forms from the NICEIC?
And what's a high integrity DB with all RCBOS fitted?
My understanding of High Integrity was main switch with non protected ways then a couple of RCDS for protected ways
3 cables on a Radial not ideal but no issues at all
Also tell the buyer to get lost if he wants a reduction

What on earth is the objection to 3 x 13A sockets off of a 16 radial, or am I missing something?
The last pic on the EICR is presumably to show the lack of a cpc to the metal back box. Although I still fit them on every new fitting, they have not been a requirement for some time, as long as one of the back box lugs is 'fixed'.
Time expired smoke alarms should be pointed out to the customer, and and possibly an offer made to replace them, but they are NOTHING to do with an EICR, and shouldn't be mentioned, other than anything relevant to their mains connection
13, in the observations, referring to the plastic consumer unit is (deliberately?) alarmist and misleading and inaccurate. There are reason to advise that the CU should be changed, and the quote should give that option, but the existing CU complies with the 18th, in that it complied with the current regulations when it was installed. All that the 18th states (escape routes excepted) i that you can't fit a NEW non fire resistant CU.

Offering a larger size Incase something changes in the future would be sensible. It's lack of understanding and only working to rules of thumb that cause statements like his to be made.

I am of course making assumptions that it's a usual hob and the electrician didn't check the manual based on the other incorrect statements and the quality of the report.

Reply to Advice following EICR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net