Discuss EICR Remedial Works in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, need a bit of advice,

EICR was completed on the property which needed a new consumer unit and a few other bits like broken sockets and damage pendants.

What’s the best way to address this with a certificate? Is it an eic stating the consumer unit has been changed and other work carried out as to the last eicr?

Hi guys, need a bit of advice,

EICR was completed on the property which needed a new consumer unit and a few other bits like broken sockets and damage pendants.

What’s the best way to address this with a certificate? Is it an eic stating the consumer unit has been changed and other work carried out as to the last eicr?
Yes exactly that

An EIC is required for a new consumer unit, the smaller jobs can be included on the EIC, as you suggest.
In addition, in England and Wales, a building control notification certificate will need to be provided, as a replacement consumer unit is notifiable work.
I also personally like to issue a revised EICR, just so that the client has the peace of mind of having one that says Satisfactory on it. (This is not needed, but I find it easy to do using Easycert, so I do it anyway).

An EIC is required for a new consumer unit, the smaller jobs can be included on the EIC, as you suggest.
In addition, in England and Wales, a building control notification certificate will need to be provided, as a replacement consumer unit is notifiable work.
I also personally like to issue a revised EICR, just so that the client has the peace of mind of having one that says Satisfactory on it. (This is not needed, but I find it easy to do using Easycert, so I do it anyway)
I also do EICR with a EIC Justin case they has missed laid any of them .

I also personally like to issue a revised EICR, just so that the client has the peace of mind of having one that says Satisfactory on it. (This is not needed, but I find it easy to do using Easycert, so I do it anyway).
Because the eic are for new circuits ect. Will this mean that I take responsibility for the old existing wiring, of course I’ve tested it and it’s in good working order. But if there’s hidden defectives within the old wring such as dodgy junction boxes under floor boards, will that be my responsibility?

With all due respect, if you're in a position, trained and skilled to be undertaking these works, you should really know this stuff. Especially as part of your scheme membership - these are the basics that you will already have been assessed on...I hope.

Reply to EICR Remedial Works in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net