Currently reading:
Fluke t5-1000 or t140

Discuss Fluke t5-1000 or t140 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone

im currently in two minds which test lamps to buy out of these two. Has anyone any reccomendations to which one to choose or any pros and cons of either.

cheers

Ash

I love my T5 apart from one thing. I like the fact with the T100 range that you don't need to use switches or dials to use the features. I nearly always get my T5 out of my bag and the dial had been left in position the last time (not too much of a problem as it has a power save feature) but I am cautious about what would happen if I tried to get a voltage reading whilst accidentally set on Ohms for example. And I am unsure if dirt etc can get in behind the dial and cause problems in the future. I still use an old T3 which has no dials etc, gets used daily and it is over 5 years old and still going strong.

The great feature with the T5 is the open jaw current reading option, this is great for fault finding etc.

I have toyed around with getting a T140 for months but still can't bring myself to part with the T5.

Stick with the T5 I've had the T140 and it broke bloody annoying, next time think i'm going to get the T5 or a copy of the fluke one which is a damn site cheaper

milwalkuie are doing something similar looking my only bug with T5 is the dial and throwing it in a bag one day n catching it with CK choppers ( keeeeeech) but crimped n heat shrink sorted that

1 more here for the t5-1000 it is my second one now. my first had endured trips off ladders the lot still worked. i got the chance for one on at a good price so grabbed it and the old one fetched a tenner short on ebay of the new one so i was well chuffed. i reckon i the most used tool in the box apart from my drivers

stick with my old fairy light one for now. never fails, no fancy knobs and dials to go wrong. remember, i am to digitasl meters as captain smith was to gps navigation

I love my T5 apart from one thing. I like the fact with the T100 range that you don't need to use switches or dials to use the features. I nearly always get my T5 out of my bag and the dial had been left in position the last time (not too much of a problem as it has a power save feature) but I am cautious about what would happen if I tried to get a voltage reading whilst accidentally set on Ohms for example. And I am unsure if dirt etc can get in behind the dial and cause problems in the future. I still use an old T3 which has no dials etc, gets used daily and it is over 5 years old and still going strong.

The great feature with the T5 is the open jaw current reading option, this is great for fault finding etc.

I have toyed around with getting a T140 for months but still can't bring myself to part with the T5.

mine beeps if I try to take a wrong reading with it, and I do it all the time. wouldn't worry too much!

milwalkuie are doing something similar looking my only bug with T5 is the dial and throwing it in a bag one day n catching it with CK choppers ( keeeeeech) but crimped n heat shrink sorted that

The Milwaukee one is stunning......I want one!!!

Also the T5 doesn't like measuring the voltage on the stepped up side of a neon sign light!!!!

Reply to Fluke t5-1000 or t140 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock