Discuss Fridge Freezer died. Recommendations? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

NAH. Most of ours are foreigners, trained up as honorary scousers.

Not sure if anyone has any more information but I understand that some fridges are made with a flamable insulating material, and others are not. I'm not sure if there has been a recent change in legislation to ban the flamable stuff, but I think thats what turns small component faliures in to large house fires very quickly.

Edit to add:
More info here Which? names 250 fridges and freezers that pose fire risk - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/05/which-names-250-fridges-and-freezers-that-pose-fire-risk

BEKO plc is a subsidiary of Arçelik A.S. established in 1955, Arçelik is one of the largest household appliance producers in Europe. It is also the leading home appliances brand in Turkey, offering extensive and innovative ranges of both home appliances and consumer electronics.

Hello telectrix,

When I first read your message I thought that you were on a wind up regarding the Company name - but I then remembered that I had seen a reference to the `Arcelik` name previously online regarding `White Goods` manufactured in other Countries.

And when I had researched further I found that the Company was owned / operated by `Koc Holdings` which I think I remember reading is the largest Industrial & Services Group in Turkey.

I am sure that We have all come across product or Company names from other Countries which are perceived to be either `Rude` or Amusing from an English spelling point of view - but I was slightly amused [in a Schoolboy humour way] to read those 2 Company names were associated with each other.

Regards,

Chris

Hello telectrix,

When I first read your message I thought that you were on a wind up regarding the Company name - but I then remembered that I had seen a reference to the `Arcelik` name previously online regarding `White Goods` manufactured in other Countries.

And when I had researched further I found that the Company was owned / operated by `Koc Holdings` which I think I remember reading is the largest Industrial & Services Group in Turkey.

I am sure that We have all come across product or Company names from other Countries which are perceived to be either `Rude` or Amusing from an English spelling point of view - but I was slightly amused [in a Schoolboy humour way] to read those 2 Company names were associated with each other.

Regards,

Chris
so would you buy from here?
https://www.pinterest.com/pshiiit/pshiiit-boutique/

they sell frocks , make-up, etc. think i'll pass on that.

Hello again telectrix,

From previously looking online there must be hundreds of Companies and Products that have names that mean something completely different in English / to Us.

When I used the link that You posted the webpage did load [I am using Opera] - looks like a Nail Polish product Company.

I could not look further because I did not want to `Sign in` using Facebook or register with Pintrest.

I do like to try and keep my nails neatly clipped so that they don`t get broken or snagged while I am working but I don`t apply Nail polish.

Sorry if my previous message and the replies are seen to have `Hijacked` this thread which has a genuine question regarding BEKO Fridge Freezers.

I could not resist when I recognised the name of the Company in your first message.

Regards,

Chris

well, sit in kurdish means ---- in english. no wonder my imported dogs leave a mess.

Reply to Fridge Freezer died. Recommendations? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock