Discuss Need to upgrade main panel? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave I just looked at that breaker and you are right and I’ve never seen this before but look at the schematic for the meter and it appears to be a parallel feeder to the house panel

Looking at the diagram it appears this panel is quite different to how a UK DB would be set up, I hadn't realised that the 150A breaker is the incoming way rather than an outgoing circuit.

Looking at the diagram it appears this panel is quite different to how a UK DB would be set up, I hadn't realised that the 150A breaker is the incoming way rather than an outgoing circuit.
Dan I’ve never been a big fan of square-d panels, I had to really look hard to figure it out but the home owner is good to go. With this forum we are here to help and now a days nothing’s seems to shock me, just trying to learn the UK ways of doing things. We make it work

Dan I’ve never been a big fan of square-d panels, I had to really look hard to figure it out but the home owner is good to go. With this forum we are here to help and now a days nothing’s seems to shock me, just trying to learn the UK ways of doing things. We make it work

Well we have something in common then, I've also never been a fan of square D distribution boards.
Though I do trust them a lot more now that schneider have taken over.

I might be missing something obvious here, but why does the 150A breaker appear to be four pole with 4 wires?

The 4 pole wide breaker is actually 2 pole with parallel conductors, manufacturers have been doing that since the 1970's starting with the ITE Imperial Corp., (now Siemens), General Electric (now owned by ABB), Cutler-Hammer, (now Eaton), and the Square D Homeline panel above, The C-H panel on my house, and the 1980 vintage Gould/ITE (successor to ITE Imperial), on my rental uses the same type of main, residential panels are super competitive so any way to shave a few pennies off their cost will be undertaken.

Reply to Need to upgrade main panel? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net