Discuss Outdoor sockets and lights installed but where to run the cable inside now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've installed an outdoor double PowerPoint on the outside wall of my kitchen and also ran a fused spur from it for lighting in a small outbuilding, all cables in conduit. Now, I have the cable from the back of the outside sockets coming into the kitchen under the sink area, near the back of the washing machine; the only place available. It's a good couple of metres to the nearest ring main double powerpoint and that already has a spur with a double socket where the washing machine and dishwasher are plugged in. Can I run a second fused spur from that ring main socket or even a fused spur from the existing spur? Any suggestions welcomed. Thank you.

I've installed an outdoor double PowerPoint on the outside wall of my kitchen and also ran a fused spur from it for lighting in a small outbuilding, all cables in conduit. Now, I have the cable from the back of the outside sockets coming into the kitchen under the sink area, near the back of the washing machine; the only place available. It's a good couple of metres to the nearest ring main double powerpoint and that already has a spur with a double socket where the washing machine and dishwasher are plugged in. Can I run a second fused spur from that ring main socket or even a fused spur from the existing spur? Any suggestions welcomed. Thank you.
No, not permissible, can you run a new circuit to the cables coming out of the back of the external sock , so as to put it on its own circuit from the CU? Remember any thing fed from a fused sour will be limited to 13 Amps.

Dishwasher and washing machine should not be plugged into a double socket. Should be two single sockets, even if they are mounted side by side.
That’s not an official regulation, it just means most double sockets are only tested to withstand 20A across both sockets… so having 2 high load appliances plugged in can cause overheating.
Run them at separate times, and it’ll be fine.

best solution is to extend the ring to incorporate the washer and dryer single sockets as part of the ring. then add spur for outside socket . ifmore than 1 socketon spur. use the 13A FCU to feed them from ring.i t's inlya bit more cable.

Reply to Outdoor sockets and lights installed but where to run the cable inside now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net