Discuss Sign off in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys

Newbie so don't shoot me down.

I'm a qualified domestic installer BS7671 and have been doing electrical installations for work, but not registered with ELECSA or NICEIC

The guy who signs off at work isn't allowed to do personnel sign offs so can't use him.

I am buying a new/old house that needs a new CU and full rewire including a supply to the garage which will require buried armoured.

This will be done over a year as we are moving in and doing the work whilst living there.

So my question is.......who can sign the work off. Am I right in thinking the Local Building Control can do this. I don't know if I can justify registering and paying for NICEIC or have the time to go through the process.
Can another registered electrician sign off work if the whole install is planned and agreed with him/her?

Any info appreciated.

Can another registered electrician sign off work if the whole install is planned and agreed with him/her?

basically yes if certain conditions are met. he/she must inspect the installation in stages ,

For the amount of times the electrician would have to come out it might be worth just paying building control. Then there's no waiting around for someone to come out etc and you can get on with it at your leisure, just get the cert after.

first option is to contact building control. worst scenario is that they will charge you c. £300. best is they will accept a EIC completed by yourself.

Reply to Sign off in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock