Discuss Spot the mistakes - Billy Bulls**t circuit sheets i think in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

i think i need to review my test procedures , i have always measured Ze at the supply incomer, then R1 + R2 and added them together obviously not allowing for parallel earths, you learn something new every day on here and i dont mind admitting it

Your procedure still complies, measurement or calculation.

I'm a confirmed measurer!

i always measure Zs unless by doing so i might create danger for myself or others. to give an idea of the effect of parallel paths, measure Ze as normal with the main earth dissed. then measure again with it connected. you should find the 2nd reading is lower.

I will try that tomorrow as the hotel is vacant week days and see what results i get , many thanks Telectrix

Hi guys ... just to keep you updated ... i havent been back to the job yet but should be back there monday so will let you know what i find
Andy

to give an idea of the effect of parallel paths, measure Ze as normal with the main earth dissed. then measure again with it connected. you should find the 2nd reading is lower.

Shouldn't this be done anyway, as your as part of your PFC test (PEFC) ?

Last edited:

Reply to Spot the mistakes - Billy Bulls**t circuit sheets i think in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock