Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Delroy is a solid 7.5 / 10 imo

He always sleeves his earths , uses grommets and actually tests his work unlike half the sparks that i have worked with

I take it all with a pinch of salt, it'll all be editted and inevitably missing bits that has people amrchair sparking "why did he do this etc etc", I like that he tries to educate (in a fashion) clients as to why he does things a certain way but, as with every other spark on socials (media, not housing) there is always something to take away; good or bad. Either watch them as an example/good practices to follow or which pitfalls to avoid.

I dunno why I just watched his latest, its an attempt at an advert for schneider, but if you're going to title a video, "how to change a consumer unit" but spend more time talking about the nice stickers, and making an absolute meal of screwing two bits of wood together, and then fail to mention safe isolation, torque settings or testing of any kind, I feel like you've left yourself open to some criticism.

I would never agree to being billed on the hr or any time, give me a price.!
How to you know how to price a job when customer rings you at 9.30pm saying 'My electrics keep tripping and all my lights and sockets are off....'

It could be 15mins to just to pop round and reset their rcd or 4 - 5 hours trying to work out what exactly keeps banging out the rcd

Fault diagnostics is nearly always on the hour or part hour shirley ?

How to you know how to price a job when customer rings you at 9.30pm saying 'My electrics keep tripping and all my lights and sockets are off....'

It could be 15mins to just to pop round and reset their rcd or 4 - 5 hours trying to work out what exactly keeps banging out the rcd

Fault diagnostics is nearly always on the hour or part hour shirley ?
True DD true, but just say £100 an hr x7 = £700 My point is some sparks are quick and good, on the other hand you could get some old plodder take twice as long hence twice the money.

Ok maybe ask what their day rate is before starting, and if somebody quoted me £700 bye, no sparky is charging out that amount of money up here.

True DD true, but just say £100 an hr x7 = £700 My point is some sparks are quick and good, on the other hand you could get some old plodder take twice as long hence twice the money.

Ok maybe ask what their day rate is before starting, and if somebody quoted me £700 bye, no sparky is charging out that amount of money up here.
Delroy is in London and much like my area of North Surrey his 'rate' is about standard £100-150 per hour

He seems pretty genuine and if the job takes him 4 hours then it takes him 4 hours , I know some who would string it out for a full day and slap the customer with a £900 bill

But Del seems very genuine and if can be in and out quickly then he only charges for exactly how long it took , if that makes sense

Fault diagnostics is nearly always on the hour or part hour shirley ?Didn't know your name was "Shirley", Dusty when did this happen

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net