Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OP
D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I honestly don't see the issue with Delroys work

He uses a combi drill , i often use my 18v combi to drill holes for red plugs

Okay , the galv box is possibly OTT and he could have taken the Swa straight into the socket

As far as wiring up 2 outdoor plug sockets goes I can't see anything wrong with it

7029 dave

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I honestly don't see the issue with Delroys work

He uses a combi drill , i often use my 18v combi to drill holes for red plugs

Okay , the galv box is possibly OTT and he could have taken the Swa straight into the socket

As far as wiring up 2 outdoor plug sockets goes I can't see anything wrong with it
I have said already, he started in 1973 and still going, you dont last that long in this game if your rubbish.

OP
D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I gracefully disagree , I have watched most of my videos as I can't see much wrong with any of his workmanship

He is neat , tidy and often takes on awkward jobs that aren't easy to make look perfect

He could things faster sometimes but at 65? he does okay imo and I love the way he talks through what he is doing and explains why he is doing it that way

Reaction score
I don't think I've watched Delroy before, I'll give it a watch.

The thing that annoys me with the youtube electricians is a few of them slag off others work and spend more time posing or using big words they just googled than doing the work safely. It concerns me that apprentices might use their work as a guide.

Artisan are my current least favourite taking over from CJR, they posted a video a few weeks back fitting a car charger (not that that will narrow it down) and a live cable from the ring was floating around in the DB. They didn't even stick it in some choc block and continued to drill through the back of it. It was followed by another video in the same property at a later date where he found the earth to the water cut through. I can't imagine they are a cheap contractor and they clearly hadn't carried out the basic inspections. The amount the client must be paying for them to fanny about also astounds me.

I like bundy and dss, anyone else that you would recommend?

nicebutdim

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I like bundy and dss, anyone else that you would recommend?

Bundy seems like a thoroughly decent bloke, but I find him hard to watch. DSS were in the same boat, but been trying to make time to keep up with his house extension videos - far more enjoyable than his electrical stuff.

David Savery would be the one Youtube spark I always find time to watch (eventually).

Reaction score
I gracefully disagree , I have watched most of my videos as I can't see much wrong with any of his workmanship

He is neat , tidy and often takes on awkward jobs that aren't easy to make look perfect

He could things faster sometimes but at 65? he does okay imo and I love the way he talks through what he is doing and explains why he is doing it that way
He's 65? Wow he's aged well, thought he was about 50.

OP
D

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Are his 'ways' really that ole fashioned ?

Most of what he does he learned in the 70s and 80s

I learned similar ways in the 90s

The only thing to change is some of the tools we have now like wall chasers

PEG

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I really don't know what you lot are doing,wasting all them hours on Youtube,watching all them amateurs....

There is one,and only one dude on Youtube,and as we all know,it's Taryl Fixes All.

Now then,there's your dinner ?

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score

I suppose equipment and methods have advanced massively

Speed of thought and implementation of various methodologies available are key

You see it here all the time, there's a faster and better way of doing every job now if you know what it is and have the right equipment and materials

Reaction score

I thought it was apparent that he didn't use his mft that much. I don't think many people would have his tolerance for these knackered systems or would want to take the responsibility. I get that customers don't want to spend money though and he needs to provide what the clients want.

nicebutdim

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought it was apparent that he didn't use his mft that much. I don't think many people would have his tolerance for these knackered systems or would want to take the responsibility. I get that customers don't want to spend money though and he needs to provide what the clients want.

I've only watched a relatively small number of Delroy's videos and, oddly enough, his MFT appeared in most of those.

Reaction score
I have only seen a couple so I might have the wrong end of the stick. He used a voltage tester a lot on one and didn't seem that confident on another. Personally I prefer to conduct tests and identify the fault before taking things apart incase I accidentally cure the problem when all the wires pop out and end up guessing. It also might be the way it's edited and it's all easier as an outsider.

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
I have only seen a couple so I might have the wrong end of the stick. He used a voltage tester a lot on one and didn't seem that confident on another. Personally I prefer to conduct tests and identify the fault before taking things apart incase I accidentally cure the problem when all the wires pop out and end up guessing. It also might be the way it's edited and it's all easier as an outsider.
I picked up on that too, he was using a voltage tester checking earths at outlets

Tells you nothing about the fault loop

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net