Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Are his 'ways' really that ole fashioned ?

Most of what he does he learned in the 70s and 80s

I learned similar ways in the 90s

The only thing to change is some of the tools we have now like wall chasers

I really don't know what you lot are doing,wasting all them hours on Youtube,watching all them amateurs....

There is one,and only one dude on Youtube,and as we all know,it's Taryl Fixes All.

Now then,there's your dinner ?

I suppose equipment and methods have advanced massively

Speed of thought and implementation of various methodologies available are key

You see it here all the time, there's a faster and better way of doing every job now if you know what it is and have the right equipment and materials

I thought it was apparent that he didn't use his mft that much. I don't think many people would have his tolerance for these knackered systems or would want to take the responsibility. I get that customers don't want to spend money though and he needs to provide what the clients want.

I thought it was apparent that he didn't use his mft that much. I don't think many people would have his tolerance for these knackered systems or would want to take the responsibility. I get that customers don't want to spend money though and he needs to provide what the clients want.

I've only watched a relatively small number of Delroy's videos and, oddly enough, his MFT appeared in most of those.

I have only seen a couple so I might have the wrong end of the stick. He used a voltage tester a lot on one and didn't seem that confident on another. Personally I prefer to conduct tests and identify the fault before taking things apart incase I accidentally cure the problem when all the wires pop out and end up guessing. It also might be the way it's edited and it's all easier as an outsider.

I have only seen a couple so I might have the wrong end of the stick. He used a voltage tester a lot on one and didn't seem that confident on another. Personally I prefer to conduct tests and identify the fault before taking things apart incase I accidentally cure the problem when all the wires pop out and end up guessing. It also might be the way it's edited and it's all easier as an outsider.
I picked up on that too, he was using a voltage tester checking earths at outlets

Tells you nothing about the fault loop

Where he earthed the socket outlet( in the first video about 6mins) and left the rest of the circuit unearthed was a shocker

Customer keeps on hearing a 'thud'

Probably her husband hitting the floor every time he opens your invoice Del

Looked to me like a good job there for a change

I'd have had the isolator on the DB off to check polarity before re-energising

Don't like interrupting tenants supplies without prior notice either , even if they're out

I remember the one where he was sorting some dodgy sockets under kitchen cupboards. He routed the cables around the cupboards and up the wall completely out of any prescribed zones and called it a good job.
Both Cjr and Delroy delete and stop any bad comments showing on their pages.
I have commented many times, and it's only me that can see the posts.
Cjr is the shortest but has the biggest ego there are many jobs that must have cost the customer a fortune in materials.
There are many bad jobs /errors made by both of them, in fact Cjr isn't covered by niceic to do eicrs.

I gracefully disagree , I have watched most of my videos as I can't see much wrong with any of his workmanship

He is neat , tidy and often takes on awkward jobs that aren't easy to make look perfect

He could things faster sometimes but at 65? he does okay imo and I love the way he talks through what he is doing and explains why he is doing it that way
Try watching the video of where he decided to turn a TT into a TN is that ok in your eyes ?

Both Cjr and Delroy delete and stop any bad comments showing on their pages.
I have commented many times, and it's only me that can see the posts.
Cjr is the shortest but has the biggest ego there are many jobs that must have cost the customer a fortune in materials.
There are many bad jobs /errors made by both of them, in fact Cjr isn't covered by niceic to do eicrs.
I noticed he can't take criticism, even constructive. I think his work had improved drastically this past while, probably because everyone is trying to pick holes in everything he does. I'll agree, he has had some howlers and has a massive ego, and although he does hide any negativity whatsoever to preserve his ego i think he takes some comments on board. But his high opinion of himself is what made me stop watching him.

I noticed he can't take criticism, even constructive. I think his work had improved drastically this past while, probably because everyone is trying to pick holes in everything he does. I'll agree, he has had some howlers and has a massive ego, and although he does hide any negativity whatsoever to preserve his ego i think he takes some comments on board. But his high opinion of himself is what made me stop watching him.

Way back when I first stumbled across Chris the plumber on youtube , he was putting up stud walls, tiling bathrooms and fitting kitchen sinks.
I presumed he was and still is a handyman who dabbles in electrics on the side. I haven't watched any of his stuff for a good while now but presume he is still fitting bathrooms and doing a bit of wiring on the side still...

As for Del , still think he is the best honest celeb spark out there , not fancy , doesn't blow smoke up his own arse and reminds me of the site sparks i worked with as a youth

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock