Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think his son does all the techie IT stuff on Youtube for him... so he may not have even seen the comment ? It was deleted for him ??
Yeah right
Haha yes i remember that was one of the first i saw, quickly followed by the one where he made an absolute c*** of a bathroom shaver socket.

Seems a decent fella but i wouldn't copy any of his methods.
Best one IMO is when he install an exterior socket from a kitchen socket without first finding out if the socket he spurred from was a spur already, certainly looked like a spur to me. Like you say seems a decent Guy but some of his installs leave a lot to be desired.

Didn't he give a 16mm main earth a haircut to fit it in a consumer unit MET? I'm not a fan. Clickbaity titles and lots of running commentary criticising others, whilst seemingly being a bit ropey on some things himself. None of us are perfect but if you're going for the celebrity route you really have to cross all the t's and dot all the i's to avoid criticism.

For a man with alot if experience, i just watched a video where he chops a flex into the plaster, for an electric heater, rather than using the flex out of a switched fused spur... I mean I wouldn't have the guts to put my work online to be picked over but come on!!

I think it's because he has all that experience that he takes short cuts... he knows what he can get away with. And don't forget, his patch is East London... parking will be horrendous with a constant risk of theft. If that was me, I'd wanna be in and out as quickly as possible !

As an aside, this is the reason i don't instantly berate DIYers, short courses or anything like that. You get corner cutters and bodgers everywhere.

I'll always remember going to a house wired in the 60's by an old boy with no qualifications, just a good base knowledge and plenty of Readers Digest guides. It was his own house and as such, he was invested in making it top quality- and honestly- it belonged in an art gallery. Absolute work of art, even the slip tubing in the garage. Everything was neat as .

Similarly today, I'm about to go and tidy up a connection made by a retired electrician of 45 years who was working maintenance here before he fully retired - choc block connecting some RFC singles together, not encased I'm anything and just lobbed above the suspended ceiling grid.

As an aside, this is the reason i don't instantly berate DIYers, short courses or anything like that. You get corner cutters and bodgers everywhere.

I'll always remember going to a house wired in the 60's by an old boy with no qualifications, just a good base knowledge and plenty of Readers Digest guides. It was his own house and as such, he was invested in making it top quality- and honestly- it belonged in an art gallery. Absolute work of art, even the slip tubing in the garage. Everything was neat as .

Similarly today, I'm about to go and tidy up a connection made by a retired electrician of 45 years who was working maintenance here before he fully retired - choc block connecting some RFC singles together, not encased I'm anything and just lobbed above the suspended ceiling grid.
Totally agree. I've always said it's not time served that makes your work good - if you care about good work you'll find out how it's done and make it good. It's people who can't be arsed or who take shortcuts who do bad work irrespective of their qualifications.

It's not like short courses are teaching people to shove cables into back boxes without grommets or not using earth sleeving, those who don't do it simply don't do it because they are tight and lazy and produce the absolute minimum standards of work. That's about the person not the training imo.

THIS>

Some of the roughest sparks I have had the displeasure to work with are scam registered and time served

They cut corners and used substandard work just to make an extra few quid on the job

I know scam registered sparks who don't even bother certifying / notifying 'cash' jobs etc

Buts lets not go there on this thread...

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock