Discuss Grounding Wire In Concession Trailer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kicksnj

DIY
Reaction score
I bought a concession trailer that was all propane. Being the town I'm in is so strict about propane, l gutted it out and now making it all electric. Running on 2 generators.

So my question is about wiring. The interior is all stainless steel. I have mounted all metal conduit to the walls. I am using only GFCI receptacles. So do I have to run a grounding wire to each receptacle or can I just run 1 wire to ground the conduit and then just run a wire from the receptacle to each receptacle box. Remembering too that this is a MOBILE unit running off of generators with CFGI's in them. So really my only grounding is the rubber tires on the trailer. Any help would be much appreciated.

I bought a concession trailer that was all propane. Being the town I'm in is so strict about propane, l gutted it out and now making it all electric. Running on 2 generators.

So my question is about wiring. The interior is all stainless steel. I have mounted all metal conduit to the walls. I am using only GFCI receptacles. So do I have to run a grounding wire to each receptacle or can I just run 1 wire to ground the conduit and then just run a wire from the receptacle to each receptacle box. Remembering too that this is a MOBILE unit running off of generators with CFGI's in them. So really my only grounding is the rubber tires on the trailer. Any help would be much appreciated.
My friend in theory yes the metal conduit could be your ground if the conduit is run to every device but you need to actually bond the stainless steel with a ground wire and if you want it to be absolutely safe my advice to you is pull ground wires to all devices.

Reply to Grounding Wire In Concession Trailer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net