Discuss Heating a small church need some ideas please.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yep quite a few options.... I'll keep looking, price it all up tomorrow and see what works out the best

Reckon the Vac Air may be a bit out of their price range though :nopity:

You really need to be heating the objects with infrared heat and not wasting energy heating the air with blown air heaters.

below is a quote taken from Quote taken from - http://www.ehow.com/about_5348342_infrared-versus-quartz-ceramic-heaters.html

Infrared space heaters for the home emit long-wave infrared radiation, which strikes a solid nearby object and converts that radiation into heat. Infrared is not absorbed by the air through which it travels. With infrared heating, the warmth is directed and concentrated where it is really needed, so infrared heaters are better at targeted or focused heating. Infrared heaters are energy efficient, have no moving parts, heat very quickly, are silent, and are unaffected by drafts.
If you are sitting in one spot for a length of time, an infrared heater aimed in your direction will be a good choice.

ok so no reply as usual
i installed heating in a very old church uesing tubular heaters screwed under the pews with a wire guard on them all in micc
each line of pews had a 4 gang key switch and neon indicator fixed to the side of the pew at the isle
the oak seat heated up

ok so no reply as usual

Give us a chance.... Busy trying to watch rubbish TV here with the Mrs sythai

Anyway wooden pews, but not permently fixed

Thankyou for option anyway.

Cermaic/ radiant heating is looking favourable now as I also just remembered they don't want it to be noisy. So that blows my first idea out the water of the Dimplex commercial fan convectors

Whatever electric heating method this church chooses (and for me IR would be my choice) i hope they have deep pockets to be able to actually use these heaters!! Cause it ain't gonna be cheap, to run them!! Let alone the initial cost of the heaters and having them installed!! lol!!

The only time i step into a church is for Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals!! lol!!

Air to air heat pump. Fitted with destatifaction fan or fans due to high ceilings. What ever heat source you use I would recommend destrat fan be fitted

What about black heat heating cassettes? Last church I done was with some Swedish stuff I think but I'm sure dimplex do them.churches are a bugger to heat no matter what size.

Hi,
I don’t want to to be bore.
The under-floor heating it is used(where you need). The natural air heat in general is going from bottom(feet) to top(head) on vertical direction. We like to believe the floor is worm(for children, yoga …) and at least we are inside the church. Whatever or not your decision the RCD protection, timer and fire alarm detectors are compulsory.
All the best.
Bertt.
London ufHeating13.jpg

Attachments

• UFHeating2013.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
  • ufHeating2013..png
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • UFHeating.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 21
Sorry if this is late, how about an electric central heating boiler and a couple raditaors which could be with built in fan? The boiler (6kW?) can be sited in any small room and you just have to get water pipes to and from the rads. I appreciate this may be more of an issue as cable is easier to hide but with any electric heater I believe there is more risk (I know very small etc etc) of fire. Look at Electric Heating company website.
I have been working on one in a club house and it really does work fine.

Hello Sy, We are Electric Heating Solutions - we work with many contractors within the UK and we can either meet you on the site or talk through some options that the church could use. Our infrared heaters are manufactured by us and come with a 5 year warrantee including the element which is a lot longer than others on the market, our 3 kW heaters are also linear (side by side) so they can be mounted higher and the throw is much wider than the infrared units that others manufacture. Please call us on 0800 978 8571 for more information. Thanks EHS (UK) Ltd

Reply to Heating a small church need some ideas please.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net